2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 48. Children's code.
48.79 Powers of the department.
48.79 Powers of the department. The department has authority and power:
(4) To assist communities in setting up recreational commissions and to assist them in extending and broadening recreational programs so as to reach all children.
(5) To assist in extending the local child care programs so as to reach all homes needing such help.
(6) To assist in recruiting and training voluntary leaders for youth-serving organizations.
(7) To assist localities in securing needed specialized services such as medical, psychiatric, psychological and social work services when existing agencies are not able to supply them.
(8) To assist localities in making surveys of needs and available resources.
(9) To assist in appraising the achievement of local programs.
(10) To serve in a general consultative capacity, acting as a clearing house, developing materials, arranging conferences and participating in public addresses and radio programs.