2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 346. Rules of the road.
- 346.01 Words and phrases defined.
- 346.02 Applicability of chapter.
- 346.03 Applicability of rules of the road to authorized emergency vehicles.
- 346.04 Obedience to traffic officers, signs and signals; fleeing from officer.
DRIVING, MEETING, OVERTAKING AND PASSING
- 346.05 Vehicles to be driven on right side of roadway; exceptions.
- 346.06 Meeting of vehicles.
- 346.07 Overtaking and passing on the left.
- 346.072 Passing stopped emergency or roadside service vehicles.
- 346.075 Overtaking and passing bicycles, electric personal assistive mobility devices, and motor buses.
- 346.08 When overtaking and passing on the right permitted.
- 346.09 Limitations on overtaking on left or driving on left side of roadway.
- 346.10 When passing at a railroad crossing, intersection, bridge, viaduct or tunnel prohibited.
- 346.11 Passing or meeting frightened animal.
- 346.12 Driving through safety zones prohibited.
- 346.13 Driving on roadways laned for traffic.
- 346.14 Distance between vehicles.
- 346.15 Driving on divided highway.
- 346.16 Use of controlled-access highways, expressways and freeways.
- 346.17 Penalty for violating sections 346.04 to 346.16
- 346.175 Vehicle owner's liability for fleeing a traffic officer.
- 346.177 Railroad crossing improvement surcharge for vehicles illegally passing at railroad crossings.
- 346.18 General rules of right-of-way.
- 346.19 What to do on approach of emergency vehicle.
- 346.195 Owner's liability for vehicle failing to yield the right-of-way to an authorized emergency vehicle.
- 346.20 Right-of-way of funeral processions and military convoys.
- 346.205 Owner's liability for vehicle failing to yield the right-of-way to a funeral procession.
- 346.21 Right-of-way of livestock.
- 346.215 Emergency vehicles operated as escorts and rights-of-way related to escorted vehicles.
- 346.22 Penalty for violating sections 346.18 to 346.21
RESPECTIVE RIGHTS AND DUTIES OF DRIVERSAND OTHER HIGHWAY USERS
- 346.23 Crossing controlled intersection or crosswalk.
- 346.24 Crossing at uncontrolled intersection or crosswalk.
- 346.25 Crossing at place other than crosswalk.
- 346.26 Blind pedestrian on highway.
- 346.27 Persons working on highway.
- 346.28 Pedestrians to walk on left side of highway; drivers to yield on sidewalks.
- 346.29 When standing or loitering in roadway or highway prohibited.
- 346.30 Penalty for violating sections 346.23 to 346.29
TURNING AND STOPPING AND REQUIRED SIGNALS
- 346.31 Required position and method of turning at intersections.
- 346.32 Required position for turning into private road or driveway.
- 346.33 U-turns.
- 346.34 Turning movements and required signals on turning and stopping.
- 346.35 Method of giving signals on turning and stopping.
- 346.36 Penalty for violating sections 346.31 to 346.35
TRAFFIC SIGNS, SIGNALS, AND PAVEMENT MARKINGS
- 346.37 Traffic-control signal legend.
- 346.38 Pedestrian control signals.
- 346.39 Flashing signals.
- 346.40 Whistle signals.
- 346.41 Display of unauthorized signs and signals prohibited.
- 346.42 Interference with signs and signals prohibited.
- 346.43 Penalty for violating sections 346.37 to 346.42
- 346.44 All vehicles to stop at signal indicating approach of train.
- 346.445 Limitations on pedestrians and personal delivery devices crossing railroad tracks.
- 346.45 Certain vehicles to stop at railroad crossings.
- 346.452 Owner's liability for vehicle illegally crossing at a railroad crossing.
- 346.455 Vehicles to stop at fire station.
- 346.457 Owner's liability for vehicle illegally passing fire truck.
- 346.46 Vehicles to stop at stop signs and school crossings.
- 346.465 Owner's liability for vehicle illegally crossing controlled school crossing.
- 346.47 When vehicles using alley or nonhighway access to stop.
- 346.475 Human service vehicles; loading or unloading children with disabilities.
- 346.48 Vehicles to stop for school buses displaying flashing lights.
- 346.485 Owner's liability for vehicle illegally passing school bus.
- 346.49 Penalty for violating ss. 346.44 to 346.485
- 346.495 Railroad crossing improvement surcharge.
RESTRICTIONS ON STOPPING AND PARKING
- 346.50 Exceptions to stopping and parking restrictions.
- 346.503 Parking spaces for vehicles displaying special registration plates or special identification cards.
- 346.505 Stopping, standing or parking prohibited in parking spaces reserved for vehicles displaying special registration plates or special identification cards.
- 346.51 Stopping, standing or parking outside of business or residence districts.
- 346.52 Stopping prohibited in certain specified places.
- 346.53 Parking prohibited in certain specified places.
- 346.54 How to park and stop on streets.
- 346.55 Other restrictions on parking and stopping.
- 346.56 Penalty for violating sections 346.503 to 346.55
- 346.57 Speed restrictions.
- 346.58 Special speed restrictions for certain vehicles.
- 346.59 Minimum speed regulation.
- 346.595 Motorcycles and mopeds.
- 346.60 Penalty for violating sections 346.57 to 346.595
RECKLESS AND DRUNKEN DRIVING
- 346.61 Applicability of sections relating to reckless and drunken driving.
- 346.62 Reckless driving.
- 346.63 Operating under influence of intoxicant or other drug.
- 346.635 Report arrest or out-of-service order to department.
- 346.637 Driver awareness program.
- 346.64 Employment of drunken operators.
- 346.65 Penalty for violating sections 346.62 to 346.64
- 346.655 Driver improvement surcharge.
- 346.657 Safe ride program surcharge.
ACCIDENTS AND ACCIDENT REPORTS
- 346.66 Applicability of sections relating to accidents and accident reporting.
- 346.665 Definition.
- 346.67 Duty upon striking person or attended or occupied vehicle.
- 346.675 Vehicle owner's liability for failing to stop at the scene of an accident.
- 346.68 Duty upon striking unattended vehicle.
- 346.69 Duty upon striking property on or adjacent to highway.
- 346.70 Duty to report accident; assistance following accident.
- 346.71 Coroners or medical examiners to report; require blood specimen.
- 346.72 Garages to keep record of repairs of accident damage.
- 346.73 Accident reports not to be used in trial.
- 346.74 Penalty for violating sections 346.67 to 346.73
BICYCLES, ELECTRIC PERSONAL ASSISTIVE MOBILITY DEVICES, PERSONAL DELIVERY DEVICES, AND PLAY VEHICLES
- 346.77 Responsibility of parent or guardian for violation of bicycle and play vehicle regulations.
- 346.78 Play vehicles not to be used on roadway.
- 346.79 Special rules applicable to bicycles.
- 346.80 Riding bicycle or electric personal assistive mobility device on roadway.
- 346.803 Riding bicycle or electric personal assistive mobility device on bicycle way.
- 346.804 Riding bicycle on sidewalk.
- 346.805 Riding electric personal assistive mobility device on sidewalk.
- 346.807 Operating personal delivery device on sidewalk.
- 346.82 Penalty for violating sections 346.77 to 346.807
- 346.87 Limitations on backing.
- 346.88 Obstruction of operator's view or driving mechanism.
- 346.89 Inattentive driving.
- 346.90 Following emergency vehicle.
- 346.91 Crossing fire hose.
- 346.915 Following snowplows.
- 346.92 Illegal riding.
- 346.922 Transporting children in cargo areas of motor trucks.
- 346.923 Human service vehicles; minimum operator qualifications.
- 346.924 Transporting buildings on highways.
- 346.925 Operation of agricultural machinery by youthful operators.
- 346.93 Intoxicants in vehicle; underage persons.
- 346.935 Intoxicants in motor vehicles.
- 346.94 Miscellaneous prohibited or restricted acts.
- 346.945 Vehicle owner's liability for radios or other electric sound amplification devices.
- 346.95 Penalty for violating sections 346.87 to 346.94
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wisconsin may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.