2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 342. Vehicle title and anti-theft law.
CERTIFICATE OF TITLE
- 342.01 Words and phrases defined.
- 342.02 Excepted liens and security interests.
- 342.03 Motor vehicle, trailer or semitrailer leases.
- 342.05 When certificate of title required.
- 342.06 Application for certificate of title.
- 342.065 Title for salvage vehicle.
- 342.07 Title for repaired salvage vehicle.
- 342.08 Department to examine records.
- 342.09 When department to issue certificate and to whom; maintenance of records.
- 342.10 Contents of certificate of title.
- 342.11 Grounds for refusing issuance of certificate of title.
- 342.12 Withholding certificate of title; bond.
- 342.13 Lost, stolen or mutilated certificates.
- 342.14 Fees.
TRANSFER OF TITLE
- 342.15 Transfer of interest in a vehicle.
- 342.155 Mileage disclosure requirements of transferors and transferees.
- 342.156 Transfers of leased motor vehicles.
- 342.157 Motor vehicle salvage pools and auction companies to maintain records.
- 342.16 Transfer to or from dealer.
- 342.17 Involuntary transfers.
- 342.18 When department to issue a new certificate.
- 342.19 Perfection of security interests.
- 342.195 Notification of person who has perfected security interest.
- 342.20 Duties on creation of security interest.
- 342.21 Assignment of security interest.
- 342.22 Release of security interest.
- 342.23 Secured party's and owner's duties.
- 342.24 Method of perfecting exclusive.
- 342.245 Electronic processing of certain applications.
- 342.25 Suspension or revocation of certificate.
- 342.255 Cancellation of title or registration.
- 342.26 Hearings and appeal.
ANTI-THEFT AND ANTI-FRAUD PROVISIONS
- 342.30 Identification numbers.
- 342.31 Report of stolen or abandoned motor vehicles.
- 342.32 Counterfeiting and unlawful possession of certificate of title.
- 342.33 Sale of vehicle used as taxicab.
- 342.34 Department to be notified of destruction or junking of vehicle.
- 342.40 Vehicle abandonment prohibited; removal; disposal.
- 342.41 Identity of buyer.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wisconsin may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.