2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 322. Wisconsin code of military justice.
322.099 Article 99 — Misbehavior before the enemy.
322.099 Article 99 — Misbehavior before the enemy. Any person who before or in the presence of the enemy does any of the following shall be punished as a court-martial may direct:
(1) Runs away.
(2) Shamefully abandons, surrenders, or delivers up any command, unit, place, or military property which it is his or her duty to defend.
(3) Through disobedience, neglect, or intentional misconduct endangers the safety of any command, unit, place, or military property.
(4) Casts away his or her arms or ammunition.
(5) Is guilty of cowardly conduct.
(6) Quits his or her place of duty to plunder or pillage.
(7) Causes false alarms in any command, unit, or place under control of the armed forces of the United States or the state military forces.
(8) Willfully fails to do his or her utmost to encounter, engage, capture, or destroy any enemy troops, combatants, vessels, aircraft, or any other thing, which it is his or her duty so to encounter, engage, capture, or destroy.
(9) Does not afford all practicable relief and assistance to any troops, combatants, vessels, or aircraft of the armed forces belonging to the United States or their allies, to the state, or to any other state, when engaged in battle.