2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 25. Trust funds and their management.
25.16 Executive director.
25.16 Executive director.
(1) The executive and administrative functions of the board, except for the functions performed by the internal auditor under s. 25.165 (2), shall be vested in an executive director, who shall perform the functions of executive director in conformity with the requirements of the members of the board and in accordance with policies, principles and directives determined by the members of the board.
(2) The executive director may appoint a chief legal counsel, chief financial officer, chief risk officer and not more than 11 investment directors and shall appoint a chief investment officer and all other employees necessary to carry out the functions of the board, except that the board shall appoint the internal auditor and shall participate in the selection of the chief investment officer and investment directors and the internal auditor shall appoint his or her staff. The executive director shall appoint all employees outside the classified service. Neither the executive director, the internal auditor, the chief investment officer, the chief legal counsel, the chief financial officer, the chief risk officer, any investment director nor any other employee of the board shall have any financial interest, either directly or indirectly, in any firm engaged in the sale or marketing of real estate or investments of any kind, nor shall any of them render investment advice to others for remuneration.
(3) The executive director may appoint an executive assistant. The executive assistant shall perform the duties prescribed by the executive director.
(4) The executive director shall take the official oath and the executive director, chief investment officer and each investment director shall file a bond for the faithful performance of that person's duties in such amount and with such sureties as the members of the board require.
(5) The assistant director shall act in place of the executive director in his or her absence or disability. The assistant director shall take and file the official oath required of the executive director.
(6) All deeds, contracts and other documents which must be executed by or on behalf of the board shall be signed by the executive director. The executive director may delegate the authority to execute documents to other board employees. Where the board has an interest in property, the authority to execute leases as lessor may be delegated within leasing guidelines to outside managers retained pursuant to a written contract. The members of the board or the executive director may require the countersignature of an investment director or an investment supervisor on certain documents.
(7) The executive director shall fix the compensation of all employees appointed by the executive director, but the board may provide for bonus compensation to employees. All employees shall pay employee required contributions under s. 40.05 (1) (a) 1. or 2., whichever is appropriate, and shall pay the employee share of health insurance premiums as determined under s. 40.05 (4) (ag).