2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 244. Uniform power of attorney for finances and property.
- 244.01 Short title.
- 244.02 Definitions.
- 244.03 Applicability.
- 244.04 Power of attorney is durable.
- 244.05 Execution of power of attorney.
- 244.06 Validity of power of attorney.
- 244.07 Meaning and effect of power of attorney.
- 244.08 Nomination of guardian; relation of agent to court-appointed fiduciary.
- 244.09 When a power of attorney is effective.
- 244.10 Termination of power of attorney or agent's authority.
- 244.11 Coagents and successor agents.
- 244.12 Reimbursement and compensation of agent.
- 244.13 Agent's acceptance.
- 244.14 Agent's duties.
- 244.15 Exoneration of agent.
- 244.16 Judicial relief.
- 244.17 Agent's liability.
- 244.18 Agent's resignation; notice.
- 244.19 Protection of persons that accept and rely upon an acknowledged power of attorney.
- 244.20 Refusal to accept acknowledged power of attorney.
- 244.21 Laws applicable to financial institutions and entities.
- 244.41 Authority that requires specific grant, grant of general authority.
- 244.42 Incorporation of authority.
- 244.43 Construction of authority generally.
- 244.44 Real property.
- 244.445 Digital property.
- 244.45 Tangible personal property.
- 244.46 Stocks and bonds.
- 244.47 Commodities and options.
- 244.48 Banks and other financial institutions.
- 244.49 Operation of entity or business.
- 244.50 Insurance and annuities.
- 244.51 Estates, trusts, and other beneficial interests.
- 244.52 Claims and litigation.
- 244.53 Personal and family maintenance.
- 244.54 Benefits from governmental programs or civil or military service.
- 244.55 Retirement plans.
- 244.56 Taxes.
- 244.57 Gifts.
- 244.61 Statutory Form Power of Attorney for Finances and Property.
- 244.62 Agent's certification.
- 244.63 Distribution of forms.
- 244.64 Relation to power of attorney for health care.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wisconsin may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.