2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 219. Investments.
219.05 Investment in savings and loan and other institutions.

Universal Citation: WI Stat § 219.05 (2017)

219.05 Investment in savings and loan and other institutions.

(1) The investment by any credit unions; or the investment of funds of any state sinking fund, state school fund, fire fighters' relief and pension fund, police pension fund, or other pension fund; or the investment by any savings and loan association; or by a state or federal savings bank; or by any federal savings and loan association; or by any administrative department, board, commissioner or officer of the state, authorized by law to make investments of funds in the custody or under the control of such department, board, commission or officer; or by any guardian, trustee or other fiduciary; or by any school district, technical college district, drainage district, village, city, county or town, in savings accounts in savings and loan associations doing business in this state or in savings banks doing business in this state; or in savings accounts in any other institution within or without the state, to the extent to which such accounts now are, or may hereafter be, insured by the federal deposit insurance corporation, under acts of congress of the United States now in effect or which may hereafter be enacted is lawful.

(2) The legality of such investment shall not be impugned, whether the person, firm, or corporation or association, board, or commission, making the same be foreign or domestic; or whether such investment be made from capital, reserves, or surplus; or whether made in a fiduciary or other capacity.

History: 1971 c. 154, 260, 307; 1975 c. 180; 1983 a. 242 s. 2; 1991 a. 221; 1993 a. 399.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wisconsin may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.