2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 219. Investments.
219.01 Loans, advances of credit, investment in securities, insured or guaranteed by specified agencies.
219.01 Loans, advances of credit, investment in securities, insured or guaranteed by specified agencies. Credit unions, savings and loan associations, investment associations, state banks, savings banks, trust company banks, land mortgage associations, personal representatives, guardians, trustees, and other fiduciaries, except where it is contrary to the will or other instrument of trust, the state and its agencies and its municipalities, districts, and other subdivisions, and all institutions and agencies of the state, and all other persons, associations, and corporations, subject to the laws of this state, are authorized:
(1) To make such loans and advances of credit and purchases of obligations representing loans and advances of credit as are insured by the federal housing administrator, and to obtain such insurance.
(2) To make such loans, secured by real property or leasehold, as the federal housing administrator insures or makes a commitment to insure, and to obtain such insurance.
(3) To invest their funds, and moneys in their custody or possession that are eligible for investment and which they are by law permitted or required to invest, in notes or bonds secured by mortgage or trust deed insured by the federal housing administrator, and in debentures issued by the federal housing administrator, and in securities issued by national mortgage associations.
(4) To invest their funds and moneys in their custody or possession that are eligible for investment and that they are by law permitted or required to invest, in notes, bonds or other forms of evidence of indebtedness guaranteed by the U.S. department of veterans affairs or otherwise guaranteed or secured under the servicemen's readjustment act of 1944, P.L. 78-346, as amended.
(5) To make loans and to sell, buy, or otherwise invest in notes, bonds, or other instruments evidencing loans secured by mortgages insured, or with respect to which commitments to insure have been made under Title I of the Bankhead-Jones Farm Tenant Act (7 USC 1000 et seq.) as heretofore or hereafter amended. Restrictions of any character imposed by the laws of Wisconsin with respect to location of the real estate security shall not be applicable to loans or investments so secured by mortgages under Title I of said act.