2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 198. Municipal power and water districts.
198.15 Board procedure.
198.15 Board procedure.
(1) Chairperson, duties. The board shall elect one of their number chairperson for a term of one year, and a vice chairperson for a like term to act during the absence or disability of the chairperson. The principal duties of the chairperson of the board of directors of the district, other than the chairperson's duties as a director, shall be to preside at all meetings of the board, to sign all resolutions and ordinances adopted by the board and to sign, execute or acknowledge, as the case may require, all contracts, deeds, leases or other instruments authorized by the board to be executed by or on behalf of the district.
(2) Bylaws, meetings. The board shall adopt bylaws to govern its proceedings, and shall fix the time and place of holding its meetings, which shall be held once each month. A special meeting may be held after 3 days' written notice to each member by the clerk at the call of the chairperson or any 2 members of the board.
(3) Quorum. A majority of the directors-elect shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business, and the votes of a majority of the directors present at any meeting, if a quorum be present, shall be sufficient to adopt any motion, resolution or ordinance, except that for the exercise of any power enumerated in s. 198.14 (9), (10), (11) and (12) the affirmative vote of two-thirds of the directors-elect shall be required. The votes of directors on any action authorized in s. 198.14 (3), (4), (6), (8), (9), (10), (11), (12) and (13) shall be taken by ayes and noes and recorded in the minutes and shall likewise be taken and recorded on any other matter whenever requested by one-third of the directors present.
(4) Official paper. The board shall designate an official newspaper and under ch. 985 shall publish therein all public notices of the district and all resolutions or ordinances adopted by the board.
(5) Financial interest voids contracts. No contract or transaction shall be made, entered into or authorized by the board with any director, other officer or employee of the district or with any firm, corporation or association in which any director, other officer or employee of the district is financially interested, as a member or stockholder or otherwise adversely to the district, and any such contract or transaction if made, entered into or authorized shall be void and any director voting in favor thereof with knowledge of such interest shall be personally liable to the district for any loss sustained by the district by reason thereof.