2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 198. Municipal power and water districts.
198.01 Definitions. In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) “Board of directors," “directors" or “board" means the board of directors of a municipal power district selected as provided in this chapter, duly constituted and organized and acting as a board.
(2) “Chief executive" means mayor or city manager, village president, or chairperson of the town.
(3) “Commission" means the public service commission and any other body, commission or agency of the state which may at any time hereafter succeed to the general powers and jurisdiction of said commission.
(3m) “County clerk" means the clerk of the county containing the largest number of voters within a district or proposed district.
(4) “Governing body," whenever used in relation to any municipality, means in the case of any town or village, the town or village board, and, in the case of any city, the common council or commissioners, as the case may be, of such city, and shall be held to include the mayor or other chief executive officer of such municipality in any case wherein the concurrence or approval of such officer is required by the law governing such municipality for the adoption of any municipal ordinance or resolution or other municipal act provided for in this chapter.
(5) “Municipality" means any town, city, or village.
(6) “Municipal power district," “power district" or “district" means a municipal power district organized under this chapter, either as originally organized or as the same may be from time to time altered or amended.
(7) “Public utility" or “utility" means the plant, equipment, materials, supplies and any other or different property, including contract rights, used and useful primarily for the production, transmission or furnishing of electric power to or for the public for any purpose by a person, firm, association, corporation or a municipality and whether operated by a person, firm, association, corporation, a municipality or by trustees or by receivers appointed by any court.
(8) “Voters" means vote for governor at the last general election.