2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 186. Credit unions.
186.082 Definitions applicable to indemnification and insurance provisions.
186.082 Definitions applicable to indemnification and insurance provisions. In ss. 186.082 to 186.091:
(1) “Credit union" means any of the following:
(a) A cooperative, nonprofit corporation incorporated under s. 186.02 and any domestic or foreign predecessor of that corporation where the predecessor's existence ceased upon the consummation of a merger or other transaction.
(b) The Wisconsin credit union savings insurance corporation organized under s. 186.35, 2003 stats.
(2) “Director or officer" means any of the following:
(a) A natural person who is or was a director or officer of a credit union.
(b) A natural person who, while a director or officer of a credit union, is or was serving at the credit union's request as a director, officer, partner, trustee, member of any governing or decision-making committee, manager, employee or agent of another credit union or foreign credit union, corporation, limited liability company, partnership, joint venture, trust or other enterprise.
(c) A natural person who, while a director or officer of a credit union, is or was serving an employee benefit plan because his or her duties to the credit union also imposed duties on, or otherwise involved services by, the person to the plan or to participants in or beneficiaries of the plan.
(d) Unless the context requires otherwise, the estate or personal representative of a director or officer.
(e) A natural person who is or was a member of a credit union's credit committee.
(f) A natural person who was a trustee of the Wisconsin credit union savings insurance corporation organized under s. 186.35, 2003 stats.
(3) “Expenses" include fees, costs, charges, disbursements, attorney fees and any other expenses incurred in connection with a proceeding.
(4) “Liability" includes the obligation to pay a judgment, settlement, forfeiture, or fine, including any excise tax assessed with respect to an employee benefit plan, plus costs, fees, and surcharges imposed under ch. 814, and reasonable expenses.
(5) “Party" means a natural person who was or is, or who is threatened to be made, a named defendant or respondent in a proceeding.
(6) “Proceeding" means any threatened, pending or completed civil, criminal, administrative or investigative action, suit, arbitration or other proceeding, whether formal or informal, which involves foreign, federal, state or local law and which is brought by or in the right of the credit union or by any other person.