2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 181. Nonstock corporations.
- 181.0103 Definitions.
- 181.0120 Filing requirements.
- 181.0121 Forms.
- 181.0122 Filing and service fees.
- 181.0123 Effective date and time of document.
- 181.0124 Correcting filed document.
- 181.0125 Filing duty of department.
- 181.0126 Appeal from department's refusal to file document.
- 181.0127 Evidentiary effect of copy of filed document.
- 181.0128 Confirmation of status.
- 181.0129 Penalty for false document.
- 181.0141 Notice.
- 181.0160 Judicial relief.
- 181.0201 Incorporators.
- 181.0202 Articles of incorporation.
- 181.0203 Incorporation.
- 181.0205 Organization of corporation.
- 181.0206 Bylaws.
- 181.0207 Emergency bylaws.
PURPOSES AND POWERS
- 181.0301 Purposes.
- 181.0302 General powers.
- 181.0303 Emergency powers.
- 181.0304 Effect of unauthorized corporate acts.
- 181.0320 Private foundations.
- 181.0330 Offer and sale of securities.
OFFICE AND AGENT
- 181.0501 Registered office and registered agent.
- 181.0502 Change of registered office or registered agent.
- 181.0503 Resignation of registered agent.
- 181.0504 Service on corporation.
MEMBERS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- 181.0601 Admission.
- 181.0602 Consideration and certificates.
- 181.0603 No requirement of members.
- 181.0610 Differences in rights and obligations of members.
- 181.0611 Transfers.
- 181.0612 Member's liability to 3rd parties.
- 181.0613 Member's liability for dues, assessments and fees.
- 181.0614 Creditor's action against member.
- 181.0620 Termination, expulsion and suspension.
- 181.0622 Purchase of memberships.
- 181.0640 Delegates.
- 181.0670 Limited liability of volunteers.
MEMBER MEETINGS AND VOTING
- 181.0701 Annual and regular meetings.
- 181.0702 Special meeting.
- 181.0704 Action by written consent.
- 181.0705 Notice of meeting.
- 181.0706 Waiver of notice.
- 181.0707 Record date; determining members entitled to notice and vote.
- 181.0708 Action by written ballot.
- 181.0720 Members' list for meeting.
- 181.0721 Voting entitlement generally.
- 181.0722 Quorum requirements.
- 181.0723 Voting requirements.
- 181.0724 Proxies.
- 181.0725 Cumulative voting for directors.
- 181.0726 Other methods of electing directors.
- 181.0727 Acceptance of instruments showing member action.
- 181.0730 Voting agreements.
- 181.0735 Voting power.
- 181.0740 Derivative proceedings; definition.
- 181.0741 Derivative proceedings; standing.
- 181.0742 Derivative proceedings; demand.
- 181.0743 Derivative proceedings; stay of proceedings.
- 181.0744 Derivative proceedings; dismissal.
- 181.0745 Derivative proceedings; discontinuance or settlement.
- 181.0746 Derivative proceedings; payment of expenses.
- 181.0747 Derivative proceedings; applicability.
DIRECTORS AND OFFICERS
- 181.0801 Requirement for and duties of board.
- 181.0802 Qualifications of directors.
- 181.0803 Number of directors.
- 181.0804 Election, designation and appointment of directors.
- 181.0805 Terms of directors generally.
- 181.0806 Staggered terms for directors.
- 181.0807 Resignation of directors.
- 181.0808 Removal of directors elected by members or directors.
- 181.0809 Removal of designated or appointed directors.
- 181.0810 Removal of directors by judicial proceeding.
- 181.0811 Vacancies.
- 181.0820 Regular and special meetings.
- 181.0821 Action without meeting.
- 181.0822 Call and notice of meetings.
- 181.0823 Waiver of notice.
- 181.0824 Quorum and voting.
- 181.0825 Committees of the board.
- 181.0831 Director conflict of interest.
- 181.0832 Loans to directors and officers.
- 181.0833 Liability for unlawful distributions.
- 181.0840 Officers.
- 181.0841 Duties and authority of officers and agents.
- 181.0843 Resignation and removal of officers.
- 181.0844 Contract rights of officers.
- 181.0850 Reliance by directors or officers.
- 181.0853 Consideration of interests in addition to members' interests.
- 181.0855 Limited liability of directors and officers.
- 181.0860 Statements of changes in directors or principal officers.
- 181.0871 Definitions applicable to indemnification and insurance provisions.
- 181.0872 Mandatory indemnification.
- 181.0873 Determination of right to indemnification.
- 181.0874 Allowance of expenses as incurred.
- 181.0875 Corporation may limit indemnification.
- 181.0877 Additional rights to indemnification and allowance of expenses.
- 181.0879 Court-ordered indemnification.
- 181.0881 Indemnification and allowance of expenses of employees and agents.
- 181.0883 Insurance.
- 181.0889 Indemnification and insurance against securities law claims.
AMENDMENT OF ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION AND BYLAWS
- 181.1001 Authority to amend articles of incorporation.
- 181.1002 Amendment of articles of incorporation by directors.
- 181.1003 Amendment of articles of incorporation by directors and members.
- 181.1004 Class voting by members on amendments to articles of incorporation.
- 181.1005 Articles of amendment.
- 181.1006 Restated articles of incorporation.
- 181.1007 Amendment of articles of incorporation pursuant to judicial reorganization.
- 181.1008 Effect of amendment and restatement of articles of incorporation.
- 181.1020 Amendment of bylaws by directors.
- 181.1021 Amendment of bylaws by directors and members.
- 181.1022 Class voting by members on amendments of bylaws.
- 181.1030 Approval by 3rd persons.
- 181.1100 Definitions.
- 181.1101 Approval of plan of merger.
- 181.1103 Action on plan by board, members and 3rd persons.
- 181.1104 Merger of subsidiary or parent.
- 181.1105 Articles of merger.
- 181.1106 Effect of merger.
- 181.1107 Merger with foreign corporation or foreign stock corporation.
- 181.1108 Bequests, devises, and gifts.
- 181.1150 Conversion of cooperative.
- 181.1161 Conversion.
SALE OF ASSETS
- 181.1201 Sale of assets in regular course of activities and mortgage of assets.
- 181.1202 Sale of assets other than in regular course of activities.
- 181.1401 Dissolution by incorporators, directors, members and 3rd persons.
- 181.1403 Articles of dissolution.
- 181.1404 Revocation of dissolution.
- 181.1405 Effect of dissolution.
- 181.1406 Known claims against dissolved corporation.
- 181.1407 Survival of remedies and claims.
- 181.1420 Grounds for administrative dissolution.
- 181.1421 Procedure for and effect of administrative dissolution.
- 181.1422 Reinstatement following administrative dissolution.
- 181.1423 Appeal from denial of reinstatement.
- 181.1430 Grounds for judicial dissolution.
- 181.1431 Procedure for judicial dissolution.
- 181.1432 Receivership or custodianship.
- 181.1433 Decree of dissolution.
- 181.1440 Deposit with secretary of revenue.
- 181.1501 Authority to transact business required.
- 181.1502 Consequences of transacting business without authority.
- 181.1503 Application for certificate of authority.
- 181.1504 Amended certificate of authority.
- 181.1505 Effect of certificate of authority.
- 181.1506 Corporate name of foreign corporation.
- 181.1507 Registered office and registered agent.
- 181.1508 Change of registered office or registered agent of foreign corporation.
- 181.1509 Resignation of registered agent of foreign corporation.
- 181.1510 Service on foreign corporation.
- 181.1520 Withdrawal of foreign corporation.
- 181.1530 Grounds for revocation.
- 181.1531 Procedure for and effect of revocation.
- 181.1532 Appeal from revocation.
- 181.1533 Domestication of a foreign corporation.
RECORDS AND REPORTS
- 181.1601 Corporate records.
- 181.1602 Inspection of records by members.
- 181.1603 Scope of inspection rights.
- 181.1604 Court-ordered inspection.
- 181.1605 Limitations on use of membership list.
- 181.1620 Financial statements for members.
- 181.1621 Report of indemnification to members.
- 181.1622 Annual report for department.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wisconsin may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.