2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 171. Unclaimed property.
171.30 Definitions. In this subchapter:
(1) “Archives" means a nonprofit organization or a public agency whose primary functions include selecting, preserving and making available records of historical or enduring value, and that is open to the public on a regular basis. “Archives" does not include a public library.
(2) “Loan" means the placement of property with a museum or archives that is not accompanied by a transfer of title of the property to the museum or archives and for which there is some record that the owner intended to retain title to the property. “Loan" does not include transfers between museums, between archives or between museums and archives unless the transferring institution specifically provides in writing that the transfer is a loan under this subchapter.
(3) “Museum" means a nonprofit organization or a public agency that is operated primarily for the purpose of collecting, cataloging, preserving or exhibiting property of educational, scientific, historic, cultural or aesthetic interest and that is open to the public on a regular basis. “Museum" does not include a public library.
(4) “Nonprofit organization" has the meaning given in s. 108.02 (19).
(5) “Property" means personal property.
(6) “Public agency" has the meaning given in s. 256.15 (1) (n).