2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 14. Constitutional offices and interstate bodies.
14.58 Duties of state treasurer.
14.58 Duties of state treasurer. The state treasurer shall:
(1) Sign checks, share drafts, and other drafts. Sign checks, share drafts, and other drafts on depositories in which moneys may be deposited in one of the following methods:
(a) By the state treasurer personally.
(c) In the name of the state treasurer, by any clerk in the treasurer's office designated by the treasurer.
(d) By placing on a check, share draft or other draft the facsimile signature of the state treasurer adopted by him or her as a facsimile signature. Any depository shall be fully warranted and protected in making payment on any check, share draft or other draft bearing such facsimile notwithstanding that the facsimile may have been placed on the check, share draft or other draft without the state treasurer's authority.
(4) Unclaimed property program. Provide services related to the promotion of the unclaimed property program under ch. 177 in consultation with the secretary of revenue.
(7) Permit examination of books. Permit at all times inspection and examination of the books, papers and transactions of the treasurer's office by the governor, secretary of state, attorney general, department of administration or state auditor, or by the legislature, any committee thereof or either house thereof.
(11) Make certified copies. Make a certified copy of any deed, bond, document or paper filed in the treasurer's office, and transcripts from the books and records kept therein, when required by any person so to do; and collect therefor 25 cents per folio, and $1 for such certificate.
(14) Other duties. Perform all other duties imposed upon the state treasurer by law.