2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 126. Agricultural producer security.
126.25 Definitions. In this subchapter:
(1) “Capacity" means the maximum amount of grain, measured in bushels, that can be stored in a grain warehouse. The capacity of a grain warehouse is determined by dividing the cubic volume of all bins, expressed in cubic feet, by 1.244 cubic feet per bushel, and applying a pack factor that the department specifies by rule.
(2) “Contributing grain warehouse keeper" means a grain warehouse keeper who is licensed under s. 126.26, who either has paid one or more quarterly installments under s. 126.30 (6) or is required to contribute to the fund, but the first quarterly installment under s. 126.30 (6) is not yet due, and who is not disqualified under s. 126.29 (2).
(3) “Current ratio" means the ratio of the value of current assets to the value of current liabilities, calculated according to s. 126.28 (6) (c) 1.
(4) “Debt to equity ratio" means the ratio of the value of liabilities to equity, calculated according to s. 126.28 (6) (c) 2.
(5) “Depositor" means any of the following:
(a) A person who delivers grain to a grain warehouse keeper for storage, conditioning, shipping, or handling, without transferring ownership to the warehouse keeper.
(b) A person who owns or legally holds a warehouse receipt or other document that is issued by a grain warehouse keeper and that entitles the person to receive stored grain.
(6) “Disqualified grain warehouse keeper" means a grain warehouse keeper who is disqualified from the fund under s. 126.29 (2).
(8) “Grain warehouse" means a facility in this state that is used to receive, store, or condition grain for others or that is used in the shipment of grain for others, except that “grain warehouse" does not include a transport vehicle.
(9) “Grain warehouse keeper" means a person who operates one or more grain warehouses in this state to receive, store, condition, or ship grain for others, except that “grain warehouse keeper" does not include a person licensed under the United States Warehouse Act, 7 USC 241 to 271.
(9m) “License year" means the period beginning on September 1 and ending on the following August 31.
(11) “Warehouse receipt" means a receipt for grain, issued by a grain warehouse keeper, that is also a document of title under s. 401.201 (2) (i).