2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 115. State superintendent; general classifications and definitions; children with disabilities.
115.30 Forms and reports.
115.30 Forms and reports.
(1) The department shall prepare for the use of school officers suitable forms for making reports, and suitable outlines as aids in conducting school meetings. With the exception of changes due to statute or rule revision, the department shall give school districts a one-year advance notice of any changes to be made to the forms and reports. School district officers and employees shall maintain a uniform recording of accounting as prescribed by the department and make such reports to the department as will enable it to distribute state school fund appropriations and state educational appropriations to the schools and persons entitled thereto, and to properly discharge the other duties of the department.
(2) The department may require all school boards to report to it, on forms provided, the name of the school and its location, the name and address of the teachers, the number of months of school maintained during the year, the opening and closing dates, the names and ages of all pupils enrolled between the ages of 6 and 18, the names and post-office addresses and places of residence of the parents of such pupils, the number of the school district and the distance such pupils reside from the schoolhouse, the number of days each pupil was present during each month and any other information requested by it.
(3) On or before each October 15, each administrator of a public or private school system or a home-based private educational program shall submit, on forms provided by the department, a statement of the enrollment on the 3rd Friday of September in the elementary and high school grades under his or her jurisdiction to the department which shall prepare such reports as will enable the public and private schools and home-based private educational programs to make projections regarding school buildings, teacher supply and funds required. The administrator of each private school system and home-based private educational program shall indicate in his or her report whether the system or program meets all of the criteria under s. 118.165 (1).
(4) In the biennial report under s. 15.04 (1) (d), the state superintendent also shall report:
(a) The condition of all schools under the state superintendent's supervision.
(b) An abstract of the public school reports made to the state superintendent.
(c) The state superintendent's visits to educational institutions.
(d) The work done by the department in the performance of its duties.
(e) Plans for improving the schools and advancing education.
(f) A summary of the receipts and disbursements of all schools under the state superintendent's jurisdiction.
(g) Such other matters as the state superintendent deems appropriate.
(5) The department shall make certified copies, when required, of any papers deposited or filed or records kept in the department, and of any act or decision made by it. The fee therefor shall be 15 cents per page.