2010 Wisconsin Code
Chapter 96. Agricultural marketing act.
96.13 Refunds.


96.13 Refunds.


(1) Assessments collected by the marketing board under any marketing order or as an advance deposit against the assessment shall be used by the marketing board only for the purpose of carrying out the purposes and provisions of the order, including the administrative costs.


(2) A marketing order may contain a provision granting producers who have paid an assessment under the order, and who do not favor the program developed under the order, the right to receive a refund of assessments paid upon submission of proof satisfactory to the marketing board that the assessment for which a refund is requested has been paid. Claims for producer refunds must be submitted on forms prescribed by the board and filed with the board within 90 days after the date the assessment became due and payable. All claims shall be audited and paid by the board within 60 days after receipt of the claim, or within such other reasonable period of time as may be necessary to determine the validity of the claim.


(3) Upon termination of any marketing order, any and all moneys remaining with the marketing board and not required to defray expenses or repay obligations incurred shall be returned to the affected producers or handlers in proportion to the assessments paid by each in the 2-year period preceding the date of the termination order. If the marketing board and the secretary find that the returnable amounts are so small that the computation and return of the remaining funds is impractical, the board may use the remaining funds to further any of the basic purposes or objectives of the terminated marketing order.

96.13 - ANNOT.

History: 1981 c. 283 ss. 25, 33; Stats. 1981 s. 96.13.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wisconsin may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.