2010 Wisconsin Code
Chapter 893. Limitations of commencement of actions and proceedings and procedure for claims against governmental units.
- 893.01 Civil actions; objection as to time of commencing.
- 893.02 Action, when commenced.
- 893.03 Presenting claims.
- 893.04 Computation of period within which action may be commenced.
- 893.05 Relation of statute of limitations to right and remedy.
- 893.07 Application of foreign statutes of limitation.
- 893.10 Actions, time for commencing.
- 893.11 Extension of time if no person to sue.
- 893.12 Advance payment of damages; limitation extended.
- 893.13 Tolling of statutes of limitation.
- 893.135 Tolling of statute of limitations for marital property agreements.
- 893.137 Tolling of statute of limitations for certain time-share actions.
- 893.14 Limitation on use of a right of action as a defense or counterclaim.
- 893.15 Effect of an action in a non-Wisconsin forum on a Wisconsin cause of action.
- 893.16 Person under disability.
- 893.17 Transition; limitation if disability exists; temporary.
- 893.18 Transition; persons under disability.
- 893.19 Limitation when person out of state.
- 893.20 Application to alien enemy.
- 893.21 Effect of military exemption from civil process.
- 893.22 Limitation in case of death.
- 893.23 When action stayed.
- 893.24 Adverse possession; section lines.
- 893.25 Adverse possession, not founded on written instrument.
- 893.26 Adverse possession, founded on recorded written instrument.
- 893.27 Adverse possession; founded on recorded title claim and payment of taxes.
- 893.28 Prescriptive rights by adverse user.
- 893.29 No adverse possession against the state or political subdivisions.
- 893.30 Presumption from legal title.
- 893.31 Tenant's possession that of landlord.
- 893.32 Entry upon real estate, when valid as interruption of adverse possession.
- 893.33 Action concerning real estate.
- 893.34 Immunity for property owners.
- 893.35 Action to recover personal property.
- 893.36 Secured livestock.
- 893.37 Survey.
- 893.40 Action on judgment or decree; court of record.
- 893.41 Breach of contract to marry; action to recover property.
- 893.415 Action to collect support.
- 893.42 Action on a judgment of court not of record.
- 893.425 Fraudulent transfers.
- 893.43 Action on contract.
- 893.44 Compensation for personal service.
- 893.45 Acknowledgment or new promise.
- 893.46 Acknowledgment, who not bound by.
- 893.47 Actions against parties jointly liable.
- 893.48 Payment, effect of, not altered.
- 893.49 Payment by one not to affect others.
- 893.50 Other actions.
- 893.51 Action for wrongful taking of personal property.
- 893.52 Action for damages for injury to property.
- 893.53 Action for injury to character or other rights.
- 893.54 Injury to the person.
- 893.55 Medical malpractice; limitation of actions; limitation of damages; itemization of damages.
- 893.56 Health care providers; minors actions.
- 893.57 Intentional torts.
- 893.58 Actions concerning seduction.
- 893.585 Sexual exploitation by a therapist.
- 893.587 Sexual assault of a child; limitation.
- 893.59 Actions concerning damage to highway or railroad grade.
- 893.60 What actions not affected.
- 893.61 Contract for payment of money; governmental subdivisions.
- 893.62 Action concerning usury.
- 893.63 Actions on cashier's check, certified check, or bank money order.
- 893.64 Actions upon accounts.
- 893.65 Bank bills not affected.
- 893.66 Certified public accountants; limitations of actions.
- 893.70 Action against certain officials.
- 893.71 County seat; contesting change.
- 893.72 Actions contesting special assessment.
- 893.73 Actions contesting governmental decisions.
- 893.735 Action by prisoner contesting a governmental decision.
- 893.74 School district; contesting validity.
- 893.75 Limitation of action attacking municipal contracts.
- 893.76 Order to repair or remove building or restore site; contesting.
- 893.765 Order to remove wharves or piers in navigable waters; contesting.
- 893.77 Validity of municipal obligation.
- 893.80 Claims against governmental bodies or officers, agents or employees; notice of injury; limitation of damages and suits.
- 893.82 Claims against state employees; notice of claim; limitation of damages.
- 893.83 Highway defects.
- 893.85 Action concerning old-age assistance lien.
- 893.86 Action concerning recovery of legal fees paid for indigents.
- 893.87 General limitation of action in favor of the state.
- 893.88 Paternity actions.
- 893.89 Action for injury resulting from improvements to real property.
- 893.90 Bond; campaign financing; lobbying.
- 893.91 Action for expenses related to a forest fire.
- 893.92 Action for contribution.
- 893.925 Action for certain damages related to mining.
- 893.93 Miscellaneous actions.
- 893.94 Organized crime control; civil remedies.
- 893.95 Unclaimed property; civil remedies.
- 893.96 Family leave and medical leave; civil remedies.
- 893.97 Business closing notification.
- 893.98 Cessation of health care benefits notification.
- 893.981 False claims.
- 893.99 Home care consumer notification.
- 893.995 Employment discrimination; civil remedies.
COMMENCEMENT, COMPUTATION, ACTION INNON-WISCONSIN FORUM AND MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
LIMITATIONS TOLLED OR EXTENDED
ACTIONS CONCERNING REAL ORPERSONAL PROPERTY
ACTIONS RELATING TO CONTRACTSAND COURT JUDGMENTS
ACTIONS RELATED TO FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONSOR GOVERNMENTAL OBLIGATIONS
ACTIONS RELATING TO GOVERNMENTALDECISIONS OR ORGANIZATION
CLAIMS AGAINST GOVERNMENTAL BODIES,OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES
STATUTES OF LIMITATION; ACTIONS BY THE STATE, STATUTORY LIABILITY AND MISCELLANEOUS ACTIONS
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wisconsin may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.