2010 Wisconsin Code
Chapter 59. Counties.
- 59.001 Definitions.
- 59.01 Body corporate; status.
- 59.02 Powers, how exercised; quorum.
- 59.03 Home rule.
- 59.04 Construction of powers.
- 59.05 County seat; change.
- 59.06 County property.
- 59.07 Claims against counties; actions on.
- 59.08 Consolidation of counties; procedure; referendum.
- 59.10 Boards: composition; election; terms; compensation; compatibility.
- 59.11 Meetings; adjournment; absentees.
- 59.12 Chairperson; vice chairperson; powers and duties.
- 59.13 Committees; appointment; compensation.
- 59.14 Publication of ordinances and proceedings.
- 59.15 Neglect of duty.
- 59.17 County executive.
- 59.18 County administrator.
- 59.19 Administrative coordinator.
- 59.20 County offices and officers.
- 59.21 Official oaths and bonds.
- 59.22 Compensation, fees, salaries and traveling expenses of officials and employees.
- 59.23 Clerk.
- 59.24 Clerks of counties containing state institutions to make claims in certain cases.
- 59.25 Treasurer.
- 59.26 Sheriff; undersheriff; deputies.
- 59.27 Sheriff; duties.
- 59.28 Peace maintenance; powers and duties of peace officers, cooperation.
- 59.29 Transportation, apprehension of criminals.
- 59.30 Not to act as attorney.
- 59.31 Service on sheriff; how made.
- 59.32 Fees received by sheriff.
- 59.33 Powers after term.
- 59.34 Coroner, medical examiner duties; coroner, medical examiner compatibility.
- 59.35 Deputy coroner.
- 59.36 Coroner; fees.
- 59.37 Service when no coroner.
- 59.38 Medical examiner and assistants.
- 59.39 Coroner or medical examiner as funeral director, limitation.
- 59.40 Clerk of court.
- 59.41 Not to act as attorney.
- 59.42 Corporation counsel.
- 59.43 Register of deeds; duties, fees, deputies.
- 59.44 County abstractor; appointment; duties; fees.
- 59.45 County surveyor; duties, deputies, fees.
- 59.46 Penalty for nonfeasance.
- 59.47 County auditors; powers; duties.
- 59.48 County assessor.
- 59.51 Board powers.
- 59.52 County administration.
- 59.53 Health and human services.
- 59.535 Veterans affairs.
- 59.54 Public protection and safety.
- 59.55 Consumer protection.
- 59.56 Cultural affairs; education; recreation.
- 59.57 Economic and industrial development.
- 59.58 Transportation.
- 59.60 Budgetary procedure in certain counties.
- 59.605 Tax levy rate limit.
- 59.61 Financial transactions.
- 59.62 Investment authority delegation.
- 59.63 Treasurer's disbursement of revenue.
- 59.64 Claims against county.
- 59.65 Publication of financial report.
- 59.66 Unclaimed funds.
- 59.69 Planning and zoning authority.
- 59.691 Required notice on certain approvals.
- 59.692 Zoning of shorelands on navigable waters.
- 59.693 Construction site erosion control and storm water management zoning.
- 59.694 County zoning, adjustment board.
- 59.696 Zoning; filing fees.
- 59.697 Fees for zoning appeals.
- 59.698 Zoning, building inspector.
- 59.70 Environmental protection and land use.
- 59.71 Special counties; record keeping.
- 59.72 Land information.
- 59.73 Surveys; expressing bearings, subdividing sections.
- 59.74 Perpetuation of section corners, landmarks.
- 59.75 Certificates and records as evidence.
- 59.76 Registration of farms.
- 59.78 Special counties; classification of claims.
- 59.79 Milwaukee County.
- 59.792 Milwaukee County; sewage, waste, refuse.
- 59.80 Milwaukee County; city-county crime commission.
- 59.81 Cash flow, Milwaukee.
- 59.82 Milwaukee County Research and Technology Park.
- 59.84 Expressways and mass transit facilities in populous counties.
- 59.85 Appropriation bonds for payment of employee retirement system liability in populous counties.
- 59.86 Agreements and ancillary arrangements for certain notes and appropriation bonds.
- 59.87 Employee retirement system liability financing in populous counties; additional powers.
LEGAL STATUS; ORGANIZATION
COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
POWERS AND DUTIES OF COUNTIES
FINANCE AND BUDGET
LAND USE, INFORMATION AND REGULATION,ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION, SURVEYS,PLANNING AND ZONING
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wisconsin may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.