2010 Wisconsin Code
Chapter 344. Vehicles--financial responsibility.
- 344.01 Words and phrases defined.
- 344.02 Hearing on suspension or impoundment.
- 344.03 Judicial review.
- 344.04 Power of court to stay suspension of registration or impoundment of vehicles.
- 344.05 Courts to report nonpayment of certain judgments.
- 344.07 Responsibility law not to prevent other process.
- 344.08 Suspension for failure to report accident.
- 344.09 Reinstatement of operating privilege and registration.
- 344.11 Five-year indexing of insurance policy liability limits.
- 344.12 Applicability of provisions relating to deposit of security for past accidents.
- 344.13 Secretary to determine amount of security required following accident and to give notice thereof.
- 344.14 Suspension for failure to deposit security; impoundment of vehicle; exceptions.
- 344.15 Requirements as to policy or bond.
- 344.16 Requirements as to self-insurers.
- 344.17 Requirements as to form and amount of security.
- 344.18 Duration of suspension for failure to deposit security.
- 344.185 Duration of impoundment of motor vehicle; disposition.
- 344.19 Applicability to nonresidents, unlicensed drivers, unregistered motor vehicles and accidents in other states.
- 344.20 Custody, disposition and return of security.
- 344.21 Matters not to be evidence in civil suits.
- 344.22 Short title.
- 344.24 Applicability of sections relating to proof of financial responsibility for the future.
- 344.25 Suspension for nonpayment of judgment; exceptions.
- 344.26 Suspension to continue until judgment paid and proof of financial responsibility given.
- 344.27 Installment payment of judgments; suspension upon default.
- 344.29 Proof of financial responsibility for the future required.
- 344.30 Methods of giving proof of financial responsibility.
- 344.31 Certification of insurance as proof.
- 344.33 "Motor vehicle liability policy" defined.
- 344.34 Notice of cancellation or termination of certified policy.
- 344.35 This chapter not to affect other policies.
- 344.36 Bond as proof.
- 344.37 Money or securities as proof.
- 344.38 Owner and leasing company may give proof for others.
- 344.39 Substitution of proof.
- 344.40 Revocation or suspension for failure to maintain proof; other proof may be required.
- 344.41 Duration of proof; when proof may be canceled or returned.
- 344.42 Submission of certifications and recertifications by insurers.
- 344.45 Surrender of license and registration upon suspension.
- 344.46 Transfer of vehicle ownership to defeat purpose of chapter.
- 344.48 Forged proof.
- 344.51 Financial responsibility for domestic rented or leased vehicles.
- 344.52 Financial responsibility for foreign rented vehicles.
- 344.55 Insurance for human service vehicles.
- 344.57 Definitions applicable to ss. 344.57 to 344.579.
- 344.572 Applicability to rental agreements.
- 344.574 Limited liability for damage.
- 344.576 Damage waivers.
- 344.577 Advertisement or representation.
- 344.578 Credit card for deposit or damages.
- 344.579 Violations.
- 344.61 Definitions.
- 344.62 Motor vehicle liability insurance required.
- 344.63 Exceptions to motor vehicle liability insurance requirement.
- 344.64 Fraudulent, false, or invalid proof of insurance.
- 344.65 Violations.
- 344.66 Rules.
- 344.67 Notice.
SECURITY FOR PAST ACCIDENTS
PROOF OF FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITYFOR THE FUTURE
PENALTIES FOR VIOLATIONS OF CHAPTER
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR RENTED AND HUMAN SERVICES VEHICLES
MANDATORY LIABILITY INSURANCE
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wisconsin may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.