2010 Wisconsin Code
Chapter 180. Business corporations.
180.1422 Reinstatement following administrative dissolution.


180.1422 Reinstatement following administrative dissolution.


(1) A corporation that is administratively dissolved may apply to the department for reinstatement. The application shall include all of the following:


(a) The name of the corporation and the effective date of its administrative dissolution.


(b) A statement that each ground for dissolution either did not exist or has been cured.


(c) A statement that the corporation's name satisfies s. 180.0401.




(a) The department shall cancel the certificate of dissolution and issue a certificate of reinstatement that complies with par. (b) if the department determines all of the following:


1. That the application contains the information required by sub. (1) and the information is correct.


2. That all fees and penalties owed by the corporation to the department under this chapter have been paid.


(b) The certificate of reinstatement shall state the department's determination under par. (a) and the effective date of reinstatement. The department shall file the certificate and provide a copy to the corporation or its representative.


(3) When the reinstatement becomes effective, it shall relate back to and take effect as of the effective date of the administrative dissolution, and the corporation may resume carrying on its business as if the administrative dissolution had never occurred.

180.1422 - ANNOT.

History: 1989 a. 303; 1991 a. 173; 1993 a. 214; 1995 a. 27; 1997 a. 27.

180.1422 - ANNOT.

The secretary of state [now dept. of financial institutions] has the power to reinstate a corporation only during the two year period under sub. (1). Avenue, Inc. v. La Follette, 183 Wis. 2d 409, 515 N.W.2d 339 (Ct. App. 1994).

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wisconsin may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.