2010 Wisconsin Code
Chapter 179. Uniform limited partnership act.
179.046 [Change of registered office or agent.]


179.046 [Change of registered office or agent.]


(1) A limited partnership may change its registered office or registered agent, or both, by doing any of the following:

179.046 - ANNOT.

NOTE: Section 179.046 was created without a title by 2009 Wis. Act 237. The proposed title is shown in brackets. Corrective legislation is pending.


(a) Delivering to the department for filing a statement of change, together with a fee of $10.


(b) Including the name of its registered agent and the street address of its registered office, as changed, in an amendment to its certificate of limited partnership.


(2) Except as provided in sub. (3), a statement of change under sub. (1) (a) shall include all of the following information:


(a) The name of the limited partnership.


(b) The name of its registered agent, as changed.


(c) The street address of its registered agent, as changed.


(d) A statement that, after the changes are made, the street addresses of its registered office and the business office of its registered agent will be identical.


(3) If the name of a registered agent changes or if the street address of a registered agent's business office changes, the registered agent may change the name of the registered agent or the street address of the registered office, or both, of any limited partnership for which he, she, or it is the registered agent. To make a change under this subsection, the registered agent shall notify the limited partnership in writing of the change and deliver to the department for filing a signed statement that complies with sub. (2) and recites that the limited partnership has been notified of the change, together with a fee of $10.

179.046 - ANNOT.

History: 2009 a. 237.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wisconsin may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.