2010 Wisconsin Code
Chapter 157. Disposition of human remains.
- 157.01 Rules for preparation, transportation and disposition.
- 157.02 Disposal of unclaimed corpses.
- 157.03 Restrictions on use of bodies for anatomical purposes; embalming such bodies; delivery of bodies to relatives.
- 157.04 Penalty.
- 157.05 Autopsy.
- 157.055 Disposal of human remains during state of emergency relating to public health.
- 157.06 Anatomical gifts.
- 157.061 Definitions.
- 157.062 Cemetery associations; creation; powers and duties.
- 157.064 Cemetery associations and religious associations; holding property; change of ownership.
- 157.065 Location and ownership of cemeteries.
- 157.067 Connection with funeral establishment prohibited.
- 157.07 Platting.
- 157.08 Conveyances.
- 157.10 Alienation and use of cemetery lots.
- 157.11 Improvement and care of cemetery lots and grounds.
- 157.111 Opening and closing of burial places.
- 157.112 Reburial of human remains by a cemetery authority.
- 157.114 Duty to provide for burials.
- 157.115 Abandonment of cemeteries and cemetery lots.
- 157.12 Mausoleums and crematoriums.
- 157.125 Trustees for the care of cemeteries or cemetery lots.
- 157.128 Minimum acreage requirement for cemetery established on or after November 1, 1991.
- 157.129 Minimum acreage of cemeteries; local ordinance.
- 157.19 Deposit and investment of care funds and preneed trust funds.
- 157.50 Municipal cemeteries.
- 157.60 Public easement in cemetery.
- 157.62 Reporting; record keeping; audits.
- 157.625 Reporting exemption for certain cemeteries.
- 157.63 Reporting and auditing exemptions; certification of compliance of cemetery affiliated with religious society.
- 157.635 Regulations of cemetery affiliated with religious society.
- 157.637 Veteran burials.
- 157.64 Penalties.
- 157.65 Enforcement.
- 157.70 Burial sites preservation.
BURIAL SITES PRESERVATION
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wisconsin may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.