2020 West Virginia Code
Chapter 36. Estates and Property
Article 12. Uniform Real Property Transfer on Death Act
In this article:
(1) "Beneficiary" means a person who receives property under a transfer on death deed.
(2) "Contingent beneficiary" means a person designated in a transfer on death deed to receive property only if a different person fails to survive the transferor.
(3) "Designated beneficiary" means a person designated to receive property in a transfer on death deed. The term includes contingent beneficiaries.
(4) "Joint owner" means an individual who owns property concurrently with one or more other individuals with a right of survivorship.
(5) "Person" means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, public corporation, government or governmental subdivision, agency or instrumentality, or any other legal or commercial entity.
(6) "Property" means an interest in real property located in this state which is transferable on the death of the owner.
(7) "Transfer on death deed" means a deed authorized under this article.
(8) "Transferor" means an individual who makes a transfer on death deed.