2018 West Virginia Code
§31-17-16. Actions to enjoin violations.

Universal Citation: WV Code § 31-17-16 (2018)
§31-17-16. Actions to enjoin violations.

(a) Whenever it appears to the commissioner that any person has been or is violating or is about to violate any provision of this article, any rules of the commissioner or any final order of the commissioner, the commissioner may apply in the name of the state, to the circuit court of the county in which the violation or violations, or any part thereof, has occurred, is occurring or is about to occur, or the judge thereof in vacation, for an injunction against such person and any other persons who have been, are or are about to be, involved in, or in any way participating in, any practices, acts or omissions, so in violation, enjoining such person or persons from any such violation or violations. Such application may be made and prosecuted to conclusion whether or not any such violation or violations have resulted or shall result in prosecution or conviction under the provisions of section eighteen of this article.

(b) Upon application by the commissioner as aforesaid, the circuit courts of this state may by mandatory or prohibitory injunction compel compliance with the provisions of this article, any rules of the commissioner and all final orders of the commissioner. The court may issue a temporary injunction in any case pending a decision on the merits of any application filed.

(c) The judgment of the circuit court upon any application permitted by the provisions of this section shall be final unless reversed, vacated or modified on appeal to the Supreme Court of Appeals. Any such appeal shall be sought in the manner and within the time provided by law for appeals from circuit courts in other civil cases.

(d) The commissioner shall upon request be represented in all such proceedings by the Attorney General or his assistants, all without additional compensation.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. West Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.