2018 West Virginia Code
CHAPTER 31. CORPORATIONS.
ARTICLE 17. WEST VIRGINIA RESIDENTIAL MORTGAGE LENDER, BROKER AND SERVICER ACT.
- §31-17-1. Definitions and general provisions.
- §31-17-2. License required for lender and broker originator; exemptions.
- §31-17-3. Supervision by Commissioner of Banking; rules and regulations; personnel; participation in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry.
- §31-17-4. Applications for licenses; requirements; bonds; fees; renewals; waivers and reductions; per loan fee.
- §31-17-5. Refusal or issuance of license.
- §31-17-6. Minimum net worth to be maintained; bond to be kept in full force and effect; foreign corporation to remain qualified to do business in this state.
- §31-17-7. License not transferable or assignable; license may not be franchised; renewal of license.
- §31-17-8. Maximum interest rate on subordinate loans; prepayment rebate; maximum points, fees and charges; overriding of federal limitations; limitations on lien documents; prohibitions on primary and subordinate mortgage loans; civil remedy.
- §31-17-9. Disclosure; closing statements; other records required; record-keeping requirements.
- §31-17-10. Advertising requirements.
- §31-17-11. Records and reports; examination of records; analysis.
- §31-17-12. Grounds for suspension or revocation of license; suspension and revocation generally; reinstatement or new license; penalties and fines for violation of this article.
- §31-17-13. Notice of refusal, or suspension or revocation, of license; relinquishing license.
- §31-17-14. Hearing before commissioner; provisions pertaining to hearing.
- §31-17-15. Judicial review.
- §31-17-16. Actions to enjoin violations.
- §31-17-17. Loans made in violation of this article void; agreements to waive article void.
- §31-17-18. Violations and penalties.
- §31-17-19. Severability.
- §31-17-20. Effective date.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. West Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.