There is a newer version of this Article
2017 West Virginia Code
CHAPTER 61. CRIMES AND THEIR PUNISHMENT.
ARTICLE 2. CRIMES AGAINST THE PERSON.
- §61-2-1. First and second degree murder defined; allegations in indictment for homicide.
- §61-2-2. Penalty for murder of first degree.
- §61-2-3. Penalty for murder of second degree.
- §61-2-4. Voluntary manslaughter; penalty.
- §61-2-5. Involuntary manslaughter; penalty.
- §61-2-5A. Concealment of deceased human body; penalty.
- §61-2-6. Homicide punishable within state if injury occurs within and death without, or vice versa.
- §61-2-7. Attempt to kill or injure by poison; penalty.
- §61-2-8. Abortion; penalty.
- §61-2-9. Malicious or unlawful assault; assault; battery; penalties.
- §61-2-9A. Stalking; harassment; penalties; definitions.
- §61-2-9B. Penalties for malicious or unlawful assault or assault of a child near a school.
- §61-2-9C. Wanton endangerment involving the use of fire; penalty.
- §61-2-9D. Strangulation; definitions; penalties.
- §61-2-10. Assault during commission of or attempt to commit a felony; penalty.
- §61-2-10A. Violent crimes against the elderly; sentence not subject to suspension or probation.
- §61-2-10B. Malicious assault; unlawful assault; battery; and assault on governmental representatives, health care providers, utility workers, law-enforcement officers, correctional employees and emergency medical service personnel; definitions; penalties.
- §61-2-11. Unlawful shooting at another in street, alley or public resort; penalty.
- §61-2-12. Robbery or attempted robbery; penalties.
- §61-2-13. Extortion or attempted extortion by threats; penalties.
- §61-2-14. Abduction of person; kidnapping or concealing child; penalties.
- §61-2-14A. Kidnapping; penalty.
- §61-2-14B. Venue of offenses under §§61-2-14 and 61-2-14a.
- §61-2-14C. Penalty for threats to kidnap or demand ransom.
- §61-2-14D. Concealment or removal of minor child from custodian or from person entitled to visitation; penalties; defenses.
- §61-2-14E. One aiding or abetting in offense under §61-2-14, §61-2-14a, §61-2-14c or §61-2-14d guilty as principal; venue.
- §61-2-14F. Penalties for abduction of a child near a school.
- §61-2-14G. Unlawful restraint; penalties.
- §61-2-14H. Prohibition of purchase or sale of child; penalty; definitions; exceptions.
- §61-2-15. Assault, battery on school employees; penalties.
- §61-2-15A. Assault, battery on athletic officials; penalties.
- §61-2-16. Injury to passenger by person in charge of public conveyance or boat; penalty.
- §61-2-16A. Malicious assault; unlawful assault; battery and recidivism of battery; assault on a driver, conductor, motorman, captain, pilot or other person in charge of any vehicle used for public conveyance.
- §61-2-26. Doors to be removed from abandoned refrigerators, freezers and other appliances; penalties.
- §61-2-27. Required reporting of gunshot and other wounds.
- §61-2-27A. Required reporting of burns.
- §61-2-28. Domestic violence — criminal acts.
- §61-2-29. Abuse or neglect of incapacitated adult; definitions; penalties.
- §61-2-29A. Death of an incapacitated adult by a caregiver.
- §61-2-29B. Financial exploitation of an elderly person, protected person or incapacitated adult; penalties; definitions.
- §61-2-30. Recognizing an embryo or fetus as a distinct unborn victim of certain crimes of violence against the person.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. West Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.