There is a newer version of the West Virginia Code
2016 West Virginia Code
CHAPTER 44. ADMINISTRATION OF ESTATES AND TRUSTS
ARTICLE 4. ACCOUNTING BY FIDUCIARIES.
- §44-4-1. Record of appraisements.
- §44-4-2. Fiduciaries to exhibit accounts for settlement.
- §44-4-3. Fiduciaries from whom inventories, appraisals or accounts are due when this article effective may be proceeded against.
- §44-4-4. Fiduciaries of small estates may account once in three years.
- §44-4-5. Examination of bonds at time of accounting, and when requested by interested party.
- §44-4-6. Settlements for previous years; objections to account.
- §44-4-7. Failure to account forfeits commissions unless allowed by circuit court or county commission.
- §44-4-8. How accounting compellable by person interested.
- §44-4-9. Publication of list of fiduciaries prior to settlements.
- §44-4-10. Securities and moneys to be exhibited to fiduciary commissioner.
- §44-4-11. Liability for losses or failure to make defense.
- §44-4-12a. Compensation and expenses of personal representatives.
- §44-4-13. Receipt to be given fiduciaries for vouchers.
- §44-4-14. Reports of fiduciary commissioner.
- §44-4-14a. Final settlement by fiduciaries for decedent's estates; penalty.
- §44-4-15. Exceptions to report.
- §44-4-16. Filing of report and vouchers.
- §44-4-17. Examination and correction or recommittal of report.
- §44-4-18. Effect of confirmation of report; how made conclusive.
- §44-4-19. Investment of funds may be ordered.
- §44-4-20. Disbursement of balance after settlement; suit to compel disbursement; final report of fiduciary following disbursement.
- §44-4-21. How fiduciary accounts settled in suits to be recorded.
- §44-4-22. Application only to personal representatives, guardians, curators or committees.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. West Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.