2016 West Virginia Code
CHAPTER 44. ADMINISTRATION OF ESTATES AND TRUSTS
ARTICLE 2. PROOF AND ALLOWANCE OF CLAIMS AGAINST ESTATES OF DECEDENTS.
- §44-2-1. Reference of decedents' estates; proceedings thereon.
- §44-2-4. Mailing of notice to creditors, distributees and legatees.
- §44-2-5. Claims to be proved by vouchers and affidavits in first instance.
- §44-2-6. Claims taken to be proved; objections to claims; hearings; funeral expenses.
- §44-2-7. Claims may be presented before publication of notice.
- §44-2-8. Proof of contingent or unliquidated claims.
- §44-2-9. Continuances until all claims and objections passed on.
- §44-2-10. Personal representative to exhibit offsets to claims.
- §44-2-11. How heir or devisee may protect himself against lien on property.
- §44-2-12. No claim barred by statute of limitations to be allowed.
- §44-2-13. Effect of presenting claim as to statute of limitations.
- §44-2-14. Advance payment of certain claims.
- §44-2-15. Personal representative not precluded from commencing action or suit; setoff in such actions or suits.
- §44-2-16. Fiduciary commissioner to report on claims of creditors, assets and shares of distributees and legatees.
- §44-2-16a. Apportionment of federal and state estate taxes; fiduciary to deduct taxes from shares of beneficiaries.
- §44-2-17. How contingent and unliquidated claims and claims not matured may be provided for.
- §44-2-18. Exceptions to fiduciary commissioner's report; return of report.
- §44-2-19. Hearing on report and exceptions; appeal; effect of confirmation.
- §44-2-20. Report of claims to be recorded.
- §44-2-21. Order in which debts of decedent are to be paid.
- §44-2-22. Creditors to be paid in order of classification; when classes paid ratably.
- §44-2-23. When personal representative not liable for funds distributed.
- §44-2-24. When claims and legacies may be paid and estate distributed.
- §44-2-24a. Accounting for money not disposable at time of settlement; subsequent distribution of such money.
- §44-2-25. When personal representative not compelled to make distribution.
- §44-2-26. When claims not presented and proved barred of recovery from personal representative.
- §44-2-27. When distributees and legatees may be sued on claims; extent of liability; costs.
- §44-2-28. When enforcement of lien to secure claim barred.
- §44-2-29. Waiver of final settlement.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. West Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.