2016 West Virginia Code
CHAPTER 44. ADMINISTRATION OF ESTATES AND TRUSTS
ARTICLE 1. PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES.
- §44-1-1. Executor has no powers before qualifying.
- §44-1-2. Administration with will annexed.
- §44-1-3. Oath of executor or administrator with will annexed.
- §44-1-4. Appointment of administrator.
- §44-1-5. When curator may be appointed; his duties.
- §44-1-6. Bond and oath; termination of grant in certain cases.
- §44-1-7. Penalty of bond.
- §44-1-8. When executor not to give bond.
- §44-1-9. Administration de bonis non upon death, resignation or removal of sole surviving executor or administrator; executor or administrator of executor or administrator not authorized to administer estate of first testator or intestate.
- §44-1-10. Marriage of female representative does not extinguish authority.
- §44-1-11. When sheriff to administer estate.
- §44-1-12. Letters of administration.
- §44-1-13. Affidavit showing heirs, distributees, devisees and legatees of decedent.
- §44-1-14. Appraisement of real estate and probate personal property of decedents; disposition; hiring of experts.
- §44-1-14a. Notice of administration of estate; time limits for filing of objections; liability of personal representative.
- §44-1-15. Duty of personal representative; debt not extinguished by appointment of debtor as executor.
- §44-1-16. When administrator de bonis non may administer assets for which former personal representative liable.
- §44-1-17. Food and fuel for family.
- §44-1-18. What estate not to be sold.
- §44-1-19. Sale of goods likely to be impaired in value.
- §44-1-20. When to sell other goods.
- §44-1-21. Estate for life of another is assets.
- §44-1-22. Suits by and against.
- §44-1-23. Actions for goods carried away, waste or damage to estate of or by decedent.
- §44-1-24. Action for waste by representative.
- §44-1-25. Administrator de bonis non may have scire facias.
- §44-1-26. Action on bond of personal representative.
- §44-1-27. Not chargeable beyond assets; pleas allowed.
- §44-1-28. Payment of small sums due employees to distributees of decedents upon whose estates there have been no qualifications.
- §44-1-29. Authority of personal representative concerning conservation and preservation easements.
- §44-1-30. Death certificate or other proof of death and residence may be required.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. West Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.