2015 West Virginia Code
CHAPTER 5. GENERAL POWERS AND AUTHORITY OF THE GOVERNOR
ARTICLE 11A. WEST VIRGINIA FAIR HOUSING ACT.
- §5-11A-1. Short title.
- §5-11A-2. Declaration of policy.
- §5-11A-3. Definitions.
- §5-11A-3a. Volunteer services or materials to build or install basic universal design features; workers, contractors, engineers, architects; immunity from civil liability.
- §5-11A-4. Application of article.
- §5-11A-5. Discrimination in sale or rental of housing and other prohibited practices.
- §5-11A-6. Discrimination in residential real estate-related transactions.
- §5-11A-7. Discrimination in provision of brokerage services.
- §5-11A-8. Religious organization or private club exemption.
- §5-11A-9. Administration; authority and responsibility; delegation of authority; appointment of administrative law judges; location of conciliation meetings; administrative review; cooperation of the commission and executive departments and agencies to further fair housing purposes; functions of the commission.
- §5-11A-10. Education and conciliation; conferences and consultations; reports.
- §5-11A-11. Administrative enforcement; preliminary matters; complaints and answers; service; conciliation; injunctions; reasonable cause determinations; issuance of charge.
- §5-11A-12. Subpoenas; giving of evidence; witness fees; enforcement of subpoenas.
- §5-11A-13. Election of remedies; administrative hearings and discovery; exclusivity of remedies; final orders; review by commission; judicial review; remedies; attorney fees.
- §5-11A-14. Enforcement by private persons; civil actions; appointed attorneys; remedies; bona fide purchasers; intervention by attorney general.
- §5-11A-15. Enforcement by attorney general; pattern or practice cases; subpoena enforcement; remedies; intervention.
- §5-11A-16. Interference, coercion or intimidation; enforcement by civil action.
- §5-11A-17. Cooperation with local agencies administering fair housing laws; utilization of services and personnel; reimbursement; written agreements; publication in state register.
- §5-11A-18. Effect on other laws.
- §5-11A-19. Severability of provisions.
- §5-11A-20. Rules to implement article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. West Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.