2014 West Virginia Code
CHAPTER 55. ACTIONS, SUITS AND ARBITRATION
ARTICLE 2. LIMITATION OF ACTIONS AND SUITS.
- §55-2-1. Entry upon or recovery of lands.
- §55-2-1a. Ownership or possession of surface of lands after severance of minerals not adverse to owner of minerals.
- §55-2-2. Claim not to preserve right as to lands.
- §55-2-3. Entry upon or recovery of lands by persons under disability.
- §55-2-4. Limitations upon §55-2-3.
- §55-2-5. Enforcement of liens reserved by conveyance or created by deed of trust or mortgage on real estate.
- §55-2-6. Actions to recover on award or contract other than judgment or recognizance.
- §55-2-6a. Deficiencies, injuries or wrongful death resulting from any improvements to real property; limitation of actions and suits.
- §55-2-7. Actions on bonds of personal representatives and fiduciaries.
- §55-2-8. Acknowledgment by new promise.
- §55-2-9. Effect of acknowledgment by personal representative or joint contractor.
- §55-2-10. Effect of devise for payment of debts.
- §55-2-11. Action or scire facias on recognizance.
- §55-2-12. Personal actions not otherwise provided for.
- §55-2-13. Foreign judgments and decrees.
- §55-2-14. Suit to repeal land grant.
- §55-2-15. General saving as to persons under disability.
- §55-2-16. Death before right to sue.
- §55-2-17. When suit prevented by defendant; actions on foreign contracts.
- §55-2-18. Extension of period for new action after dismissal or reversal where the action is timely filed.
- §55-2-19. Application of statute of limitation to state.
- §55-2-19a. Collection of taxes due state or any subdivision thereof.
- §55-2-20. Limitations applicable to proceedings pending or rights of action accruing before effective date of code.
- §55-2-21. Statutes of limitation tolled on claims assertible in civil actions when actions commence.
- §55-2-22. Effect of bankruptcy.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. West Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.