2013 West Virginia Code
CHAPTER 17C. TRAFFIC REGULATIONS AND LAWS OF THE ROAD
ARTICLE 17. SIZE, WEIGHT AND LOAD.
- §17C-17-1. Unlawful to exceed size and weight limitations; application of article to fire apparatus, farm machinery, etc.;"operate a vehicle or combination of vehicles" construed.
- §17C-17-2. Width of vehicles.
- §17C-17-3. Projecting loads on passenger vehicles.
- §17C-17-4. Height and length of vehicles and loads.
- §17C-17-5. Special load limits.
- §17C-17-6. Loads to be securely fastened and not allowed to leak, escape, etc.
- §17C-17-6a. Vehicles transporting compressed gas containers.
- §17C-17-7. Trailers and towed vehicles.
- §17C-17-8. Single-axle load limit.
- §17C-17-8a. Tandem-axle load limit for the national system of interstate and defense highways.
- §17C-17-9a. Gross weight of vehicles and loads.
- §17C-17-10. Officers may weigh, measure or examine vehicles and require removal or rearrangement of excess loads.
- §17C-17-11. Permits for excess size and weight.
- §17C-17-11a. Authority of commissioner of the department of highways to increase weight limitations upon highways designated by him.
- §17C-17-11b. Authority of state road commissioner to increase length limitations upon highways designated by him.
- §17C-17-11c. Designating an industrial road; setting weight limits.
- §17C-17-11d. Establishing maximum road highway weights.
- §17C-17-12. When state road commission or local authorities may restrict right to use highways.
- §17C-17-13. Liability for damage to highway or structure.
- §17C-17-14. Penalties for violation of weight laws; impounding vehicles.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. West Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.