2011 West Virginia Code
CHAPTER 17C. TRAFFIC REGULATIONS AND LAWS OF THE ROAD
ARTICLE 5. SERIOUS TRAFFIC OFFENSES.
- §17C-5-1. Negligent homicide; penalties.
- §17C-5-2. Driving under influence of alcohol, controlled substances or drugs; penalties.
- §17C-5-2a. Definition of phrase "in this state"; phrases synonymous with driving under the influence of alcohol; validation of warrants and indictments.
- §17C-5-2b. Deferral of further proceedings for certain first offenses upon condition of participation in motor vehicle alcohol test and lock program; procedure on charge of violation of conditions.
- §17C-5-3. Reckless driving; penalties.
- §17C-5-4. Implied consent to test; administration at direction of law-enforcement officer; designation of type of test; definition of law-enforcement officer.
- §17C-5-5. Preliminary analysis of breath to determine alcoholic content of blood.
- §17C-5-6. How blood test administered; additional test at option of person tested; use of test results; certain immunity from liability incident to administering test.
- §17C-5-6a. Taking a child into custody; driving a motor vehicle with any amount of blood alcohol.
- §17C-5-7. Refusal to submit to tests; revocation of license or privilege; consent not withdrawn if person arrested is incapable of refusal; hearing.
- §17C-5-8. Interpretation and use of chemical test.
- §17C-5-9. Right to demand test.
- §17C-5-10. Fee for withdrawing blood sample and making urine test; payment of fees.
- §17C-5-11. Municipal ordinances to contain same elements as offenses under this article; penalties in municipal ordinances required to conform to state penalties.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. West Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.