2010 West Virginia Code
CHAPTER 53. EXTRAORDINARY REMEDIES
ARTICLE 4A. POST-CONVICTION HABEAS CORPUS.
- §53-4A-1. Right to habeas corpus for post-conviction review; jurisdiction; when contention deemed finally adjudicated or waived; effect upon other remedies.
- §53-4A-2. Petition; contents thereof; supreme court may prescribe form of petition, verification and writ; duties of clerk.
- §53-4A-3. Refusal of writ; granting of writ; direction of writ; how writ made returnable; duties of clerk, attorney general and prosecuting attorney.
- §53-4A-4. Inability to pay costs, etc.; appointment of counsel; obtaining copies of record or records in criminal proceedings or in a previous proceeding or proceedings to secure relief; payment of all costs and expenses; adjudging of costs.
- §53-4A-5. Service of writ.
- §53-4A-6. Return; pleadings; amendments.
- §53-4A-7. Denial of relief; hearings; evidence; record; judgment.
- §53-4A-8. Powers of judges or judge in vacation.
- §53-4A-9. Judicial review; disposition of petitioner pending appeal.
- §53-4A-10. Construction; repeal.
- §53-4A-11. Severability.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. West Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.