2010 West Virginia Code
CHAPTER 53. EXTRAORDINARY REMEDIES
ARTICLE 1. PROHIBITION AND MANDAMUS.
- §53-1-1. When writ of prohibition lies as matter of right.
- §53-1-2. Jurisdiction of writs of mandamus and prohibition; by whom rule to show cause or peremptory writ issued.
- §53-1-3. Application for mandamus or prohibition.
- §53-1-4. Contents of petition.
- §53-1-5. When rule to show cause issued; copy of petition to accompany service of rule; when rule returnable.
- §53-1-6. How defense made; reply; amendments.
- §53-1-7. Adjournment.
- §53-1-8. Award or denial of writ; costs.
- §53-1-9. Suspension of proceedings where prohibition applied for.
- §53-1-10. Certification of proceedings in vacation; entry in order book.
- §53-1-11. Service of writ; how obedience to writ enforced.
- §53-1-12. Distribution of levy under mandamus to satisfy judgment against a political subdivision.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. West Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.