2010 West Virginia Code
CHAPTER 18. EDUCATION
ARTICLE 9D. SCHOOL BUILDING AUTHORITY.
- §18-9D-1. School Building Authority; powers.
- §18-9D-2. Definitions.
- §18-9D-3. Powers of authority.
- §18-9D-4. School building authority authorized to issue refunding revenue bonds and/or general obligation bonds for school building capital improvement projects.
- §18-9D-4a. Savings from issuance of refunding bonds.
- §18-9D-4b. School Building Authority authorized to issue bonds and pay debt service on bonds with funds distributed from State Excess Lottery Fund.
- §18-9D-5. School building authority authorized to offer individual higher education savings plans.
- §18-9D-6. School Building Capital Improvements Fund in State Treasury; School Construction Fund in State Treasury; School Building Debt Service Fund in State Treasury; School Improvement Fund in State Treasury; collections to be paid into special funds; Excess Lottery School Building Debt Service Fund in State Treasury; authority to pledge the collections as security for refunding revenue bonds; authority to finance projects on a cash basis.
- §18-9D-7. Authority to fix and collect rents.
- §18-9D-8. Use of proceeds of bonds; bonds exempt from taxation.
- §18-9D-9. Issuance of revenue refunding bonds; use of moneys; power to enter into escrow agreements; call for redemption.
- §18-9D-10. Bonds may be issued for combined purposes.
- §18-9D-11. Bonds shall be negotiable instruments.
- §18-9D-12. Trust agreements for holders of bonds.
- §18-9D-13. Sinking fund for payment of bonds.
- §18-9D-14. Credit of state not pledged.
- §18-9D-15. Legislative intent; allocation of money among categories of projects; lease-purchase options; limitation on time period for expenditure of project allocation; county maintenance budget requirements; project disbursements over period of years; preference for multicounty arrangements; submission of project designs; set-aside to encourage local participation.
- §18-9D-16. Authority to establish guidelines and procedures for facilities and major improvement plans; guidelines for modifications and updates, etc.; guidelines for project evaluation; submission of certified list of projects to be funded; department on-site inspection of facilities; enforcement of required changes or additions to project plans.
- §18-9D-17. Limitations on contracts for sale of bonds or other securities.
- §18-9D-19. Comprehensive high schools.
- §18-9D-20. Authority to promulgate rules; legislative authorization; effective date of rules; technical deficiencies waived.
- §18-9D-21. Authorizing rules of School Building Authority.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. West Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.