2010 West Virginia Code
§11-15-4. Purchaser to pay; accounting by vendor.
CHAPTER 11. TAXATION
ARTICLE 15. CONSUMERS SALES AND SERVICE TAX.
§11-15-4. Purchaser to pay; accounting by vendor
(a) The purchaser shall pay to the vendor the amount of tax levied by this article which is added to and constitutes a part of the sales price, and is collectible by the vendor who shall account to the state for all tax paid by the purchaser.
(b) The vendor shall keep records necessary to account for:
(1) The vendor's gross proceeds from sales of personal property and services;
(2) The vendor's gross proceeds from taxable sales;
(3) The vendor's gross proceeds from exempt sales;
(4) The amount of taxes collected under this article, which taxes shall be held in trust for the state of West Virginia until paid over to the tax commissioner; and
(5) Any other information as required by this article, or article fifteen-b of this chapter, or as required by the tax commissioner.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. West Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.