2005 West Virginia Code - §37-15-3. — Written agreement required.§37-15-3. Written agreement required.
(a) The rental and occupancy of a factory-built home site shall be governed by a written agreement which shall be dated and signed by all parties thereto prior to commencement of tenancy. A copy of the signed and dated written agreement and a copy of this article shall be given by the landlord to the tenant within seven days after the tenant signs the written agreement.
(b) The written agreement, in addition to the provisions otherwise required by law to be included, shall contain:
(1) The terms of the tenancy and the rent therefor;
(2) The rules and regulations of the factory-built home rental community. A copy of the text of the rules and regulations attached as an exhibit satisfies this requirement;
(3) The language of the provisions of this article. A copy of the text of this article attached as an exhibit satisfies this requirement;
(4) A description of the physical improvements and maintenance to be provided by the tenant and the landlord during the tenancy; and
(5) A provision listing those services which will be provided at the time the rental agreement is executed and will continue to be offered for the term of tenancy and the fees, if any, to be charged for those services.
(c) The written agreement for a factory-built home site on which is placed a factory-built home that is comprised of one section, other than a camping or travel trailer, may not allow for the termination of the tenancy by the landlord during the first twelve months that the factory-built home is placed on the site except for good cause. The written agreement for a factory-built home site upon which is placed a factory-built home that is comprised of more than one section may not allow for the termination of the tenancy by the landlord during the first five years the factory-built home is placed on the site except for good cause.
(d) The written agreement may not contain:
(1) Any provisions contrary to the provisions of this article and shall not contain a provision prohibiting the tenant who owns his or her factory-built home from selling his or her factory-built home;
(2) Any provision that requires the tenant to pay any recurring charges except fixed rent, utility charges or reasonable incidental charges for services or facilities supplied by the landlord; or
(3) Any provision by which the tenant waives his or her rights under the provisions of this article.
(e) When any person possesses a security interest in the factory-built home, the written agreement or rental application shall contain the name and address of any secured parties. The written agreement shall require the tenant to notify the landlord within ten days of any new security interest, change of existing security interest or settlement or release of the security interest.
(f) When a factory-built home owner sells a factory-built home, the new owner shall enter into a written agreement if the factory-built home continues to occupy the site: Provided, That the new owner meets the standards and restrictions contained in the prior rental agreement.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. West Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.