2005 West Virginia Code - §31B-1-108. — Designated office and agent for service of process.

§31B-1-108. Designated office and agent for service of process.
(a) A limited liability company and a foreign limited liability company authorized to do business in this state may continuously maintain in this state:
(1) An office, which need not be a place of its business in this state; and
(2) An agent and address of the agent for service of process on the company.
(b) An agent shall be an individual resident of this state, a domestic corporation, another limited liability company or a foreign corporation or foreign company authorized to do business in this state.
(c) Every limited liability company shall pay an annual fee of twenty-five dollars for the services of the secretary of state as attorney-in-fact for the limited liability company, which fee shall be due and payable at the initial registration of the limited liability company and every year thereafter the same time that the annual report required under section two hundred eleven, article two of this chapter is due and one half of each fee shall be deposited in the state fund, general revenue and one half of the fees in the service fees and collections account established by section two, article one, chapter fifty-nine of this code for the operation of the office of the secretary of state. The secretary of state shall dedicate sufficient resources from that fund or other funds to provide the services required in this chapter.
(d) The secretary of state shall keep a record of all processes, notices and demands served pursuant to this section and record the time of and the action taken regarding the service.
(e) This section does not affect the right to serve process, notice or demand in any manner otherwise provided by law.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. West Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.