2019 Revised Code of Washington
Title 11 - Probate and Trust Law
Chapter 11.98 - Trusts.
- 11.98.002 Definitions.
- 11.98.005 Trust situs and governing law.
- 11.98.008 Trust creation—Methods.
- 11.98.009 Application of chapter.
- 11.98.011 Trust creation—Requirements.
- 11.98.012 Trust creation—Other jurisdictions.
- 11.98.013 Trust creation—Allowable purposes.
- 11.98.014 Trust creation—Oral trusts.
- 11.98.015 Noncharitable trusts without ascertainable beneficiaries.
- 11.98.016 Exercise of powers by co-trustees.
- 11.98.017 Trusteeship—Accepting and declining—Powers without acceptance.
- 11.98.019 Relinquishment of powers by trustee.
- 11.98.029 Resignation of trustee.
- 11.98.039 Nonjudicial change of trustee—Judicial appointment or change of trustee—Liability and duties of successor fiduciary.
- 11.98.041 Change of trustee—Discharge of outgoing trustee, when.
- 11.98.045 Criteria for transfer of trust assets or administration.
- 11.98.051 Nonjudicial transfer of trust assets or administration—Notice—Consent required.
- 11.98.055 Judicial transfer of situs of trusts.
- 11.98.060 Power of successor trustee.
- 11.98.065 Change in form of corporate trustee.
- 11.98.070 Power of trustee.
- 11.98.071 Trustee's delegation of duties.
- 11.98.072 Trustee—Notification requirements.
- 11.98.075 Certification of trust.
- 11.98.078 Trustee duty of loyalty.
- 11.98.080 Consolidation of trusts.
- 11.98.085 Trustee—Breach of trust—Damages.
- 11.98.100 Nonliability for action or inaction based on lack of knowledge of events.
- 11.98.105 Nonliability of third persons without knowledge of breach.
- 11.98.107 Trustee exculpation.
- 11.98.108 Nonliability of trustee—Beneficiary's consent, release, or ratification.
- 11.98.110 Contract and tort liability.
- 11.98.130 Rule against perpetuities.
- 11.98.140 Distribution and vesting of assets.
- 11.98.145 Distribution upon termination.
- 11.98.150 Distribution of assets after one hundred fifty-year period.
- 11.98.160 Effective date of irrevocable inter vivos trust—Effective date of revocable inter vivos or testamentary trust.
- 11.98.170 Designation of trustee as beneficiary of life insurance policy or retirement plan—Determination of proper recipient of proceeds—Definitions—Beneficiary designations executed before January 1, 1985, not invalidated.
- 11.98.200 Beneficiary trustee—Limitations on power.
- 11.98.210 Beneficiary trustee—Disregard of provision conferring absolute or similar power—Power of removal.
- 11.98.220 Beneficiary trustee—Inferences of law—Judicial review.
- 11.98.230 Beneficiary trustee—Income under marital deduction—Spousal power of appointment.
- 11.98.240 Beneficiary trustee—Applicability—Exceptions—Election of exception—Cause of action.
- 11.98.900 Application of RCW 11.98.130 through 11.98.160.
- 11.98.920 Short title.
- 11.98.930 Construction—Chapter applicable to state registered domestic partnerships—2009 c 521.
Assignment for the benefit of creditors: Chapter 7.08 RCW.
Assignments to trustees, priority of wages: RCW 49.56.010.
Banks and trust companies: Title 30A RCW.
endowment and nonendowment care: Chapter 68.40 RCW.
endowment care fund: Chapter 68.44 RCW.
Conveyances and encumbrances of realty when held in trust: RCW 64.04.010.
powers of trust companies, bond liability, securities, etc.: RCW 30A.08.150 through 30A.08.170.
seals, effect of absence from instrument: RCW 64.04.105.
articles to state if trust company: RCW 30A.08.020.
sole, property held in trust: RCW 24.12.030.
Costs against trustees, civil actions: RCW 4.84.150.
Employee benefit plans, trusts, duration, etc.: Chapter 49.64 RCW.
Employees' benefit deductions from wages are trust funds: RCW 49.52.010.
Execution against property in trustee's hands: RCW 6.17.110.
Fiduciary bonds: RCW 48.28.020.
Gifts for benefit of trust: RCW 11.12.250.
Guardianship: Chapters 11.88, 11.92, 73.36 RCW.
deposits held in trust: RCW 48.16.020, 48.16.070.
trustee group life insurance: RCW 48.24.070.
Investment of trust funds: Chapter 11.100 RCW.
Investment of trust funds in certain federally secured obligations: RCW 39.60.010.
Loan agencies: Title 31 RCW.
Loans to officers of trust corporation from trust funds prohibited: RCW 30A.12.120.
Mandamus: Chapter 7.16 RCW.
Married persons and domestic partners, property rights and liabilities: Chapter 26.16 RCW.
Massachusetts trusts: Chapter 23.90 RCW.
Mortgages and trust receipts: Title 61 RCW.
Partnerships: Title 25 RCW.
Personal property: Title 63 RCW.
Pleadings, setoff against beneficiary or trustee of trust estate: RCW 4.32.120, 4.32.140.
Powers of appointment, powers in trust: Chapter 11.95 RCW.
Private seals abolished: RCW 64.04.090.
Proceedings to impeach: RCW 42.04.040.
Prohibition: Chapter 7.16 RCW.
exemptions: Chapter 84.36 RCW.
generally: Title 84 RCW.
Prudent person rule: Chapter 11.100 RCW.
Recording, county auditor's duties: Chapter 65.04 RCW.
Recording and publication: Title 65 RCW.
Registration of land titles
assurance fund not liable for breach by trustee: RCW 65.12.700.
encumbrances by trust deeds: RCW 65.12.420 through 65.12.450.
fee for transfer in trust: RCW 65.12.790.
transfers between trustees: RCW 65.12.490.
transfers in trust: RCW 65.12.480.
trustee may register land: RCW 65.12.500.
trustees and receivers: RCW 65.12.600.
Resulting state bank, provisions when not exercising trust powers: RCW 30A.49.100.
Retail sales tax, "buyer" includes trust, business trust, etc.: RCW 82.08.010.
limitation on deposits: RCW 32.12.010.
not to locate in same room with trust company: RCW 32.04.030.
State depositaries: Chapter 43.85 RCW.
Statute of frauds: Chapter 19.36 RCW.
Trust business to be kept separate: RCW 30A.04.240.
capital requirements: RCW 30A.08.010.
limitation to act as executor or administrator: RCW 11.36.010.
as legal representative, advertising: RCW 30A.04.260, 30A.12.130.
defined: RCW 30A.04.010.
Trust provisions may relieve trustee from duty, restriction, or liability imposed by statute: RCW 11.97.010.
Trustees' accounting act: Chapter 11.106 RCW.
Trusts and monopolies: State Constitution Art. 12 § 22.
Unclaimed property in hands of city police: Chapter 63.32 RCW.
common trust fund act: Chapter 11.102 RCW.
transfers to minors act: Chapter 11.114 RCW.
unclaimed property act: Chapter 63.29 RCW.
Use tax, "purchaser" includes trust, business trust, etc.: RCW 82.12.010.
Washington savings association act: Title 33 RCW.
Washington savings bank act: Title 32 RCW.
Wills, generally: Chapter 11.12 RCW.
Witnesses, competency in actions involving fiduciaries: RCW 5.60.030.