2018 Revised Code of Washington
Title 11 - PROBATE AND TRUST LAW
RCW 11.98.002 Definitions.
The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter, and throughout this title where specifically referenced, unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Permissible distributee" means a trust beneficiary who is currently eligible to receive distributions of trust income or principal, whether the distribution is mandatory or discretionary.
(2) "Qualified beneficiary" means a trust beneficiary who, on the date that such beneficiary's qualification is determined:
(a) Is a permissible distributee;
(b) Would be a permissible distributee if the interests of the distributees described in (a) of this subsection terminated on that date; or
(c) Would be a permissible distributee if the trust terminated on that date.
[ 2013 c 272 § 8.]
Application—2013 c 272: "Except as otherwise provided in this act:
(1) This act applies to all trusts created before, on, or after January 1, 2013;
(2) This act applies to all judicial proceedings concerning trusts commenced on or after January 1, 2013;
(3) An action taken before January 1, 2013, is not affected by this act; and
(4) If a right is acquired, extinguished, or barred upon the expiration of a prescribed period that has commenced to run under any other statute before January 1, 2013, that statute continues to apply to the right even if it has been repealed or superseded." [ 2013 c 272 § 28.]