2018 Revised Code of Washington
Title 11 - PROBATE AND TRUST LAW
11.88 Guardianship—Appointment, qualification, removal of guardians.
- 11.88.005 Legislative intent.
- 11.88.008 "Professional guardian" defined.
- 11.88.010 Authority to appoint guardians—Definitions—Venue—Nomination by principal.
- 11.88.020 Qualifications.
- 11.88.030 Petition—Contents—Hearing.
- 11.88.040 Notice and hearing, when required—Service—Procedure.
- 11.88.045 Legal counsel and jury trial—Proof—Medical report—Examinations—Waiver.
- 11.88.080 Guardians nominated by will or durable power of attorney.
- 11.88.090 Guardian ad litem—Mediation—Appointment—Qualifications—Notice of and statement by guardian ad litem—Hearing and notice—Attorneys' fees and costs—Registry—Duties—Report—Responses—Fee.
- 11.88.093 Ex parte communications—Removal.
- 11.88.095 Disposition of guardianship petition.
- 11.88.097 Guardian ad litem—Fees.
- 11.88.100 Oath and bond of guardian or limited guardian.
- 11.88.105 Reduction in amount of bond.
- 11.88.107 When bond not required.
- 11.88.110 Law on executors' and administrators' bonds applicable.
- 11.88.115 Notice to department of revenue.
- 11.88.120 Modification or termination of guardianship—Procedure.
- 11.88.125 Standby limited guardian or limited guardian.
- 11.88.127 Guardianship—Incapacitated person—Letters of guardianship.
- 11.88.130 Transfer of jurisdiction and venue.
- 11.88.140 Termination of guardianship or limited guardianship.
- 11.88.150 Administration of deceased incapacitated person's estate.
- 11.88.160 Guardianships involving veterans.
- 11.88.170 Guardianship courthouse facilitator program.
- 11.88.900 Construction—Chapter applicable to state registered domestic partnerships—2009 c 521.
Rules of court: Guardians
capacity to sue: CR 17.
judgment for and settlement of claims of minors: SPR 98.16W.
probate proceedings, application for fee, notice: SPR 98.12W.
suit in own name: CR 17.
Allowing child to work without permit, penalty: RCW 26.28.060.
Bank soliciting appointment as guardian, penalty: RCW 30A.04.260.
Costs against guardian of infant plaintiff: RCW 4.84.140.
Declaratory judgments: Chapter 7.24 RCW.
Embezzlement by guardian: RCW 9A.56.010(23)(b).
by corporations, service on guardian of minors, idiots, lunatics or distracted persons: RCW 8.20.020.
by state, service of notice on guardian: RCW 8.04.020.
Excise taxes, liability for, notice to department of revenue: RCW 82.32.240.
Guardian may sue in own name: Rules of court: CR 17.
Habeas corpus, granting of writ to guardian: RCW 7.36.020.
Incapacitated person, appearance by guardian: RCW 4.08.060.
Industrial insurance benefits, appointment of guardian to manage: RCW 51.04.070.
housing authority bonds: RCW 35.82.220.
United States corporation bonds: RCW 39.60.010.
Jurors, challenge of, guardian and ward relationship ground for implied bias: RCW 4.44.180.
Lawful use of force: RCW 9A.16.020.
Limitation of actions by ward against guardian, recovery of real estate sold by guardian: RCW 4.16.070.
Mental illness, proceedings: Chapter 71.05 RCW.
Minor's personal service contracts, recovery by guardian barred: RCW 26.28.050.
Motor vehicle financial responsibility, release by injured minor executed by guardian: RCW 46.29.120.
Name, action for change of—Fees: RCW 4.24.130.
Partition: Chapter 7.52 RCW.
Public assistance grants, appointment of guardian to receive: RCW 74.08.280, 74.12.250.
Real estate licenses, guardian exemption: RCW 18.85.151.
Savings and loan association, guardian may be member of: RCW 33.20.060.
Seduction, action for seduction of ward: RCW 4.24.020.
State hospital patients, superintendent custodian of estate: RCW 72.23.230.
Support and care of dependent child, liability of guardian, procedure, judgment: RCW 13.34.160, 13.34.161.
Uniform veterans' guardianship act: Chapter 73.36 RCW.
Veterans: RCW 73.04.140.
Volunteer firefighters' relief, appointment of guardian for firefighter: RCW 41.24.140.
Washington uniform transfers to minors act: Chapter 11.114 RCW.
Witness, guardian as: RCW 5.60.030.