2018 Revised Code of Washington
11.76 Settlement of estates.
11.76.030 Final report and petition for distribution—Contents.

RCW 11.76.030 Final report and petition for distribution—Contents.

When the estate shall be ready to be closed, such personal representative shall make, verify, and file with the court his or her final report and petition for distribution. Such final report and petition shall, among other things, show that the estate is ready to be settled and shall show any moneys collected since the previous report, and any property which may have come into the hands of the personal representative since his or her previous report, and debts paid, and generally the condition of the estate at that time. It shall likewise set out the names and addresses, as nearly as may be, of all the legatees and devisees in the event there shall have been a will, and the names and addresses, as nearly as may be, of all the heirs who may be entitled to share in such estate, and shall give a particular description of all the property of the estate remaining undisposed of, and shall set out such other matters as may tend to inform the court of the condition of the estate, and it may ask the court for a settlement of the estate and distribution of property and the discharge of the personal representative. If the personal representative has been discharged without having legally closed the estate, without having legally obtained an adjudication as to the heirs, or without having legally procured a decree of distribution or final settlement the court may in its discretion upon petition of any person interested, cause all such steps to be taken in such estate as were omitted or defective.

[ 2010 c 8 § 2062; 1965 c 145 § 11.76.030. Prior: 1917 c 156 § 161; RRS § 1531; prior: 1891 c 155 § 34; Code 1881 § 1556; 1873 p 305 § 251; 1854 p 297 § 178.]


Discharge of personal representative for cause: RCW 11.28.160, 11.28.250.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Washington may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.