2018 Revised Code of Washington
11.36 Qualifications of personal representatives.
11.36.021 Trustees—Who may serve.

RCW 11.36.021 Trustees—Who may serve.

(1) The following may serve as trustees:

(a) Any suitable persons over the age of eighteen years, if not otherwise disqualified;

(b) Any trust company regularly organized under the laws of this state and national banks when authorized to do so;

(c) Any nonprofit corporation, if the articles of incorporation or bylaws of that corporation permit the action and if the corporation is in compliance with all applicable provisions of Title 24 RCW;

(d) Any professional service corporations, professional limited liability companies, or limited liability partnerships, that are duly organized under the laws of this state and whose shareholders, members, or partners, respectively, are exclusively attorneys;

(e) Any state or regional college or university, as those institutions are defined in RCW 28B.10.016;

(f) Any community or technical college, as those institutions are defined in RCW 28B.50.030; and

(g) Any other entity so authorized under the laws of the state of Washington.

(2) The following are disqualified to serve as trustees:

(a) Minors, persons of unsound mind, or persons who have been convicted of (i) any felony or (ii) any crime involving moral turpitude; and

(b) A corporation organized under Title 23B RCW that is not authorized under the laws of the state of Washington to act as a fiduciary.

[ 2013 c 272 § 2; 1991 c 72 § 1; 1985 c 30 § 6. Prior: 1984 c 149 § 9.]


Application—2013 c 272: See note following RCW 11.98.002.

Short title—Application—Purpose—Severability—1985 c 30: See RCW 11.02.900 through 11.02.903.

Severability—Effective dates—1984 c 149: See notes following RCW 11.02.005.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Washington may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.