2018 Revised Code of Washington
Title 11 - PROBATE AND TRUST LAW
11.05A Uniform simultaneous death act.
RCW 11.05A.010 Definitions.
The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Co-owners with right of survivorship" includes joint tenants, tenants by the entireties, and other co-owners of property or accounts held under circumstances that entitle one or more to the whole of the property or account on the death of the other or others.
(2) "Governing instrument" means a deed, will, trust, insurance or annuity policy, account with pay on death designation, pension, profit-sharing, retirement, or similar benefit plan, instrument creating or exercising a power of appointment or a power of attorney, or a dispositive, appointive, or nominative instrument of any similar type.
(3) "Payor" means a trustee, insurer, business entity, employer, government, governmental agency, subdivision, or instrumentality, or any other person authorized or obligated by law or a governing instrument to make payments.
(4) "POD" means pay on death.
(5) "TOD" means transfer on death.
[ 2007 c 475 § 7.]