2017 Revised Code of Washington
46.18 Special license plates.
46.18.210 Armed forces license plates.

RCW 46.18.210 Armed forces license plates.

(1) A registered owner may apply to the department for special armed forces license plates for motor vehicles representing the following:

(a) Air force;

(b) Army;

(c) Coast guard;

(d) Marine corps;

(e) National guard; or

(f) Navy.

(2) Armed forces license plates may be purchased by:

(a) Active duty military personnel;

(b) Families of veterans and service members;

(c) Members of the national guard;

(d) Reservists; or

(e) Veterans, as defined in RCW 41.04.007.

(3) A person who applies for special armed forces license plates shall provide:

(a) DD-214 or discharge papers if the applicant is a veteran;

(b) A military identification card or retired military identification card; or

(c) A declaration of fact attesting to the applicant's eligibility as required under this section.

(4) For the purposes of this section:

(a) "Child" includes stepchild, adopted child, foster child, grandchild, or son or daughter-in-law.

(b) "Family" or "families" includes an individual's spouse, child, parent, sibling, aunt, uncle, or cousin.

(c) "Parent" includes stepparent, grandparent, or in-laws.

(d) "Sibling" includes brother, half brother, stepbrother, sister, half sister, stepsister, or brother or sister-in-law.

(5) Armed forces license plates are not free of charge to disabled veterans, former prisoners of war, or spouses or domestic partners of deceased former prisoners of war under RCW 46.18.235.

[ 2010 c 161 § 612.]


Effective date—Intent—Legislation to reconcile chapter 161, Laws of 2010 and other amendments made during the 2010 legislative session—2010 c 161: See notes following RCW 46.04.013.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Washington may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.