2017 Revised Code of Washington
Title 46 - MOTOR VEHICLES
46.18 Special license plates.
46.18.210 Armed forces license plates.
RCW 46.18.210 Armed forces license plates.
(1) A registered owner may apply to the department for special armed forces license plates for motor vehicles representing the following:
(a) Air force;
(c) Coast guard;
(d) Marine corps;
(e) National guard; or
(2) Armed forces license plates may be purchased by:
(a) Active duty military personnel;
(b) Families of veterans and service members;
(c) Members of the national guard;
(d) Reservists; or
(e) Veterans, as defined in RCW 41.04.007.
(3) A person who applies for special armed forces license plates shall provide:
(a) DD-214 or discharge papers if the applicant is a veteran;
(b) A military identification card or retired military identification card; or
(c) A declaration of fact attesting to the applicant's eligibility as required under this section.
(4) For the purposes of this section:
(a) "Child" includes stepchild, adopted child, foster child, grandchild, or son or daughter-in-law.
(b) "Family" or "families" includes an individual's spouse, child, parent, sibling, aunt, uncle, or cousin.
(c) "Parent" includes stepparent, grandparent, or in-laws.
(d) "Sibling" includes brother, half brother, stepbrother, sister, half sister, stepsister, or brother or sister-in-law.
(5) Armed forces license plates are not free of charge to disabled veterans, former prisoners of war, or spouses or domestic partners of deceased former prisoners of war under RCW 46.18.235.
[ 2010 c 161 § 612.]
Effective date—Intent—Legislation to reconcile chapter 161, Laws of 2010 and other amendments made during the 2010 legislative session—2010 c 161: See notes following RCW 46.04.013.