2015 Revised Code of Washington
Title 70 - PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY
70.24 Control and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases.
70.24.022 Interviews, examination, counseling, or treatment of infected persons or persons believed to be infected—Dissemination of false information—Penalty.
RCW 70.24.022 Interviews, examination, counseling, or treatment of infected persons or persons believed to be infected—Dissemination of false information—Penalty.
(1) The board shall adopt rules authorizing interviews and the state and local public health officers and their authorized representatives may interview, or cause to be interviewed, all persons infected with a sexually transmitted disease and all persons who, in accordance with standards adopted by the board by rule, are reasonably believed to be infected with such diseases for the purpose of investigating the source and spread of the diseases and for the purpose of ordering a person to submit to examination, counseling, or treatment as necessary for the protection of the public health and safety, subject to RCW 70.24.024.
(2) State and local public health officers or their authorized representatives shall investigate identified partners of persons infected with sexually transmitted diseases in accordance with procedures prescribed by the board.
(3) All information gathered in the course of contact investigation pursuant to this section shall be considered confidential.
(4) No person contacted under this section or reasonably believed to be infected with a sexually transmitted disease who reveals the name or names of sexual contacts during the course of an investigation shall be held liable in a civil action for such revelation, unless the revelation is made with a knowing or reckless disregard for the truth.
(5) Any person who knowingly or maliciously disseminates any false information or report concerning the existence of any sexually transmitted disease under this section is guilty of a gross misdemeanor punishable as provided under RCW 9A.20.021.
[1988 c 206 § 906.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Washington may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.