2005 Revised Code of Washington - Chapter 35.02 RCW: Incorporation proceedings
- 35.02.001 Actions subject to review by boundary review board.
- 35.02.005 Purpose.
- 35.02.010 Authority for incorporation -- Number of inhabitants required.
- 35.02.015 Proposed incorporations -- Notice to county -- Boundary review board hearing.
- 35.02.017 County auditor shall provide identification number.
- 35.02.020 Petition for incorporation -- Signatures -- Filing deadline.
- 35.02.030 Petition for incorporation -- Contents.
- 35.02.035 Petition -- Auditor's duties.
- 35.02.037 Petition -- Notice of certification.
- 35.02.039 Public hearing -- Time limitations.
- 35.02.040 Public hearing -- Publication of notice.
- 35.02.070 Public hearing by county legislative authority -- Establishment of boundaries -- Limitations.
- 35.02.078 Elections -- Question of incorporation -- Nomination and election of officers.
- 35.02.086 Elections -- Candidates -- Filing -- Withdrawal -- Ballot position.
- 35.02.090 Elections -- Conduct -- Voters' qualifications.
- 35.02.100 Election on question of incorporation -- Notice -- Contents.
- 35.02.110 Election on question of incorporation -- Ballots.
- 35.02.120 Election on question of incorporation -- Certification of results.
- 35.02.125 Newly incorporated city or town -- Liability for costs of elections.
- 35.02.130 Newly incorporated city or town -- Effective date of incorporation -- Powers during interim period -- Terms of elected officers -- First municipal election.
- 35.02.132 Newly incorporated city or town -- Budgets.
- 35.02.135 Newly incorporated city or town -- May borrow from municipal sales and use tax equalization account.
- 35.02.137 Newly incorporated city or town -- Moratoria on development permits and approvals.
- 35.02.139 Newly incorporated city or town -- First general election of councilmembers or commissioners -- Initial, subsequent terms.
- 35.02.140 Disposition of uncollected road district taxes.
- 35.02.150 Pending final disposition of petition no other petition for incorporation to be acted upon -- Withdrawal or substitution -- Action on petition for annexation authorized.
- 35.02.155 Effect of proposed annexation on petition.
- 35.02.160 Cancellation, acquisition of franchise or permit for operation of public service business in territory incorporated -- Regulation of solid waste collection.
- 35.02.170 Use of right of way line as corporate boundary -- When right of way may be included.
- 35.02.180 Ownership of county roads to revert to city or town -- Territory within city or town to be removed from fire protection, road, and library districts.
- 35.02.190 Annexation/incorporation of fire protection district -- Transfer of assets when at least sixty percent of assessed valuation is annexed or incorporated in city or town.
- 35.02.200 Annexation/incorporation of fire protection district -- Ownership of assets of fire protection district -- When less than sixty percent.
- 35.02.202 Annexation/incorporation of fire protection district -- Delay of transfer.
- 35.02.205 Annexation/incorporation of fire protection district -- Distribution of assets of district when less than five percent of district annexed -- Distribution agreement -- Arbitration.
- 35.02.210 Fire protection district and library district -- Continuation of services at option of city or town.
- 35.02.220 Duty of county and road, library, and fire districts to continue services during transition period -- Road maintenance and law enforcement services.
- 35.02.225 County may contract to provide essential services.
- 35.02.230 Incorporation of city or town located in more than one county -- Powers and duties of county after incorporation -- Costs.
- 35.02.240 Incorporation of city or town located in more than one county -- Taxes -- Powers and duties of county after incorporation -- Costs.
- 35.02.250 Corporate powers in dealings with federal government.
- 35.02.260 Duty of department of community, trade, and economic development to assist newly incorporated cities and towns.
- 35.02.270 Other local governments and state agencies -- May assist newly incorporated cities and towns.
|Combined city and county municipal corporations: State Constitution Art. 11 § 16 (Amendment 58).|
Fire protection districts, effect upon: Chapter 52.22 RCW.
Incorporation of municipalities: State Constitution Art. 11 § 10 (Amendment 40).
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Washington may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.