2018 Code of Virginia
Title 64.2 - Wills, Trusts, and Fiduciaries
Chapter 16 - Uniform Power of Attorney Act
§ 64.2-1627. Stocks and bonds
Unless the power of attorney otherwise provides, language in a power of attorney granting general authority with respect to stocks and bonds authorizes the agent to:
1. Buy, sell, and exchange stocks and bonds;
2. Establish, continue, modify, or terminate an account with respect to stocks and bonds;
3. Pledge stocks and bonds as security to borrow, pay, renew, or extend the time of payment of a debt of the principal;
4. Receive certificates and other evidences of ownership with respect to stocks and bonds; and
5. Exercise voting rights with respect to stocks and bonds in person or by proxy, enter into voting trusts, and consent to limitations on the right to vote.
2010, cc. 455, 632, § 26-100; 2012, c. 614.